ii. an outstanding hatred for tommy h.

CHAPTER TWOan outstanding hatred for tommy h

CHAPTER TWO
an outstanding hatred for tommy h.

MARI LEANS AGAINST THE LOCKERS OF HAWKINS HIGH SCHOOL, A HAND ON HER FOREHEAD WITH HER FACE POINTING TOWARDS THE SKY. she'd been warned about this in all those pointless lectures in homeroom class, by her mother and father and juno's mother and father. mari was in school, exhausted with a raging hangover from the night before.

she'd never felt like this, she always went out with her volleyball team but she'd never been this bad. usually she'd be a bit dreary, sometimes less talkative than normal (if that was even possible) but today it was an aching headache and dizziness that got her. with blurred eyes and a sloppy frown she slides her hand down from her forehead to cover her eyes. she hated this place already but today the lights shone a tad too bright and her friends spoke just a tad too loud. especially micky, who despite drinking for hours before mari and being the one encouraging the team to drink, was completely unscathed.

"i mean, i get it, 'the homework was due last monday, blah blah blah', it's like she doesn't even expect us to have a social life!" micky complains loudly, using her hands and rolling her eyes to express just how upset she is over the fact. it was like this every week, usually over the same teacher. micky hated homework, she only really ever did if it was for art. sometimes she'd be so caught up in complaining about other homework that she even forgot to do that one. she wasn't the brightest but she was their artist and volleyball star-blocker.

their group dynamic was purely based off of their volleyball team; elizabeth the setter, micky the middle-blocker and mari the libero. juno wasn't even in the volleyball team, instead she was a cheerleader who attended every volleyball event despite the cheerleaders only cheering for the basketball team. she was also their photographer funnily enough, she had an eye for the action shots of every game. she was welcome to all the events, at this point she was practically a bench warmer for the group.

"maybe that's because she's not expecting sophomores to be out drinking on a school night" elizabeth suggests referring to the group's outing last night. much like micky, elizabeth looked perfect except from a bit of smeared eyeliner under her left eye. she wouldn't care anyways, elizabeth was the master of not giving a shit. mari envied that, juno did too.

"especially not hawkins star volleyball team and the devote christian cheerleader! what would they think about that?" micky exclaimed leaning towards the brunette. they were on either side of mari, ignoring her who in the middle closed her eyes to try and rest. she makes a shocked face that mari could tell you was fake without even seeing it.

"oh it'd shake them in their boots, micky, shake them in their boots" elizabeth proclaims even louder. leaning in till the pair are just a few inches from each other. mari, her eyes still closed hisses in pain and puts her hands out. her left hand goes to elizabeth's face and her right to micky's. she pushes them out from each other, elizabeth reacts by quickly shoving her hand away whilst micky just slowing tilts backwards like a cat being slightly shifted.