001

On March 3rd 1969,
The United States Navy established an elite school for the top one percent of it's pilots. It's purpose was the teach the lost art of aerial combat and to ensure that the handful of men and women who graduated were the best of the best fighter pilots in the world.

They Succeeded.

Today the Navy calls it: Fighter Wepons School.
The pilots call it:

TOP GUN

"Karter I know what you're thinking and I'm telling you to stop while you're ahead." Rooster warned when he saw the look in her eyes. "It's fine I've done this plenty of times." She replied coily. Bradley sighed shaking his head. "If we get in trouble I'll hate you forever." He told her. Karter smirked glancing to her right side where he flew. "You could never hate me." She told him truthfully adjusting her radio to contact the tower. "Tower this is Ghost Rider requesting a fly by." She spoke.

"That's a negative Ghost Rider the pattern is full." The tower comander replied. "C'mom Athena just land the plane." Rooster begged. Shaking her head she glanced at him again. "Sorry babe. It's time to buzz the tower." She said as she zoomed passed the tower and twisted around inverting herself. "Fuck yeah." She said as she made her way to the run way.

☆☆☆

"Holy shit that was crazy. Did you see that?" Karter asked Rooster proudly. Rooster nodded running up to her and lifting her off the ground. "Hell yeah I did. That was pretty hot." He replied, placing a kiss on her lips.

A person cleared their throat behind the pair causing them to swiftly turn around and stand straight coming face to face with the Admiral. "My office. Now." He told them both. Karter glance at Rooster furrowing her brows, he hadn't done anything wrong so why was the Admiral wanting to speak with him too?

☆☆☆

"..in the single year since you've graduated from Top Gun you've broken more of this stations rules then I care to admit, and if it were in my control I would have you dishonorably discharged effective immediately. Fortunately for you it is not. Escort these two to their room and have them pack up their gear. I want them on the road within the hour." The Admiral stated. Karter furrowed her brows but didn't break her concentration from the wall in front of her.

"Sir?" She asked the confusion evident in her tone. Standing up the Admiral saluted them, "Lieutenants Karter "Athena" Mitchell and Bradley "Rooster" Bradshaw, it has been an honor to serve with you both on my team. Top Gun is lucky to have to back."

Sharing an excited and perplexed glance with Rooster Karter made her way too the door. Once outside still in shock from what happened she rubbed a hand across her face. "Holy Shit." She muttered. "I gotta text Pheonix." Pulling her phone out of her pocket and unsurprisingly there was a message from Pheonix.

Pheonix 🦢🔥: Are you coming back too???

Smiling Karter quickly replied as not to keep her bestfriend in suspense.

Athena🦉: You know it.

Turning back to Rooster She squealed excitedly hugging around his waist. "Oh I thought for sure I was dead." She told him. He chuckled nodding. "So did I." Looking down at his watch he pulled away and grabbed her hand. "C'mon. We have places to be and asses to kick." Laughing She followed him. Thanking all the gods to ever exist for saving of her career.