The Past (Rewtitten ver.)

The carts began to move after they loaded.

Mandalor looked to her passed out mother who didn't toss or turn as her mind begins to flood with thoughts knowing her mother was keeping secrets all along and Mando... Wasn't a stranger... Her mother knew him.

Mandalor looks over to the other cart where Mando and Cara were sitting. "Mando? " She calls.

No response from Mando as he was just straring up at the stars. "Mando?! " She says a bit louder, but no response again.

Mandalor gets irtitated as she grabs pile of krill and throws it at Mando who jumps in surprise. "What was that for? "

"I was calling you, and you didn't answer. " Mandalor argued, sitting up. "I need awnsers because I'm freaking out! "

"I know kid. I'm just as confused. " He confessed, sitting up.

"But you knew my mother!? And she was a bounty hunter!? " Mandalor exclaims in surprise. "Why didn't she tell me?! "

"I wish I knew. "

Mandalor looked back at her mother with a confused look. "Why did she keep this from me? " She thought to herself.

She looked back to Mando who was staring out into space again.

"Mando? " She calls out again as he simply responds with a "hm"

"Do you know my father? " She asks softly. "Did you meet him? Was he a bounty hunter to? "

He shakes his head. "Sorry kid, I don't. I didn't even know she had a kid... Or was with someone. " He admits.

"Then why do I feel like we've m-"

Her eyes widen as she begins to ponder if mando could be...

"What is it kid? " Mando asks. "Your starring in a creepy way again. "

Mandalor shrugs as she gives a sherpish smile. "Well... Did you and my mom ever... Like... "

She couldn't let out the words as they were to awkward but, Mando caught on.

"No! We never did anything. " Mando replies sternly.

"Ok. Just a question. " Mandalor mummbled awkwardky.

"Your mother didn't tell you anything about your father? "

Mandalor let out a sigh, playing with her necklace as she tried to ponder.

...

"Momma? "

"Yes Mandalor? "

"What was daddy like? "

Luna forms a smile. "He was brave. I remember how reckless he was to. Even though he didn't speak much...The things he would say would make me laugh or smile. He was always fun to argue with and his sarcasm was...charming. "

"What did he look like? "

"Oh... Um. " Her mother stutters, looking away trying to think. "He had brown hair... Brown eyes and... "

"Just like me! "

Luna chuckles. "... Yah. "

"What was his name? "

"Oh um... Da... Damien...cold...ship. Yah, Damien Coldship. " She nods.

...

"She said his name was Damien Cold ship. " Mandalor says.

"Never met him. " Mando admits.

"And why did my mother leave the guild? " Mandolor asks.

"I was told by our guild leader that she died on a solo mission. " Mando explains.

"So that why you were shocked to see her. " Mandalor nods.

"Maybe she left... Cause she met your dad. " Mando inputs.

Mandalor let out a small smile as she looks to her sleeping mother. "Maybe she did. " She mutters.

They stayed silent as Mandalor didn't want to ask anymore questions as Mando was just as oblivious to the whole thing as she was.

She layed down, resting her back against the cart as she clutched onto her necklace, looking up at the stars, unable to sleep.

"When she wakes...were getting our awnsers. "