rl

•◦இ•◦
2020

Phoebe arrived on the set of Stranger Things; Season 4 and if anyone were to look at her, they would definitely be able to tell how nervous she was. Which was very surprising as she wasn't a very nervous person, not when it came to acting.

She enjoyed working with the Duffer Brothers on Stranger Things. They were very accommodating when it came to her disability. They didn't talk down to her or treat her like she was unable to do anything herself, which was obviously appreciated by her. They also collaborated with her about certain fabrics that bothered her or setting up certain areas on set where she could go if she got overwhelmed by something and needed a second to recuperate.

Sometimes, when the woman worked with other directors or companies, they did one of two things. They either treated her like a child, ordering her around without even letting her speak her mind about her environment like she didn't know what she wanted. Or they made her think that she wasn't as important as the other actors like money wise, not being paid the same because she was disabled and 'should be lucky to even have a job with her condition'.

Yeah, someone actually said that to her once. To her face.

Ozzy was once one of the characters that she enjoyed playing the most, she didn't always have a bunch of words but you could always tell what she was thinking just by the things she was doing.

She was headstrong, protective, absolutely crazy at times, and daring. Her relationship with Dustin was one that she cherished at the bottom of her heart when you heard why the two of them became so close and how Ozzy took care of him and the other boys as well. She also had a really good story that has been building up on screen and off, and reading the script, Phoebe could tell that a lot of her story was going to start rounding out in this season.

Plus, she missed her babies. Big babies but still babies none the less. Gaten would be turning 20 in a couple years. Caleb too, and Sadie. At least she still had Noah, the babiest baby of them all. That was actually his contact name in her phone come to think of it.

So there Phoebe was, on set, holding her carry on bag at her side that she had some how stuffed everything she would need for the next however many months it would take to film this.

In her mind, she thought she probably looked like a lost toddler, waiting for their parent to realize that their child was no longer with them and come back. She was lost. How? She didn't know but instead waited where she was until someone found her.

But, instead the universe sent Joseph Quinn.

A tap on her shoulder caused her to jump slightly and whip around to see who was there. Her new co-star, the one that she immediately recognized from Dickensian and Les Miséarbles, the one whose big brown eyes were so fucking soft looking at her, Joseph Quinn standing there. He had his hands in the air a little at her jump, showing peace.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you there." He said with a small smile, his accent making her insides tense up and melt all at the same time.

"No, it's fine. I just startle easily." Phoebe said in return and waving him off.

He lowered his hands, putting them in his pockets before looking at her again and saying, "You just looked a bit...lost."

"Yeah, I am. I'm trying to find my trailer or..at least one of the Duffer Brothers to tell me where to go."

Joseph clapped his hands together suddenly in front of him, a wide smile on his face as he said, "I know who you are! You were in The Train and-and Euphoria. You're fantastic!"

"Oh, thank you so much! I watched you in Make Up, you were great!"

"Thank you, thank you very much." His head ducked down a little to hide his bashfulness. "I can show you to your trailer if you want, I saw it earlier so.."

The woman looked at him, admiring his soft looking face, his doe-like eyes and short curly hair that suited him perfectly. He was perfect.

"Yeah, I would like that a lot."

Joseph curved his arm and offered it to her, "M'lady."

Phoebe chuckled a little before before taking his arm with a small, "Why thank you, sir."

***

The two of them talked as they walked around, looking for the others in the maze that was the trailers on set. Phoebe's arm was hooked in his as they walked, her fingers were picking at the edge of her jacket sleeve. Not in a uncomfortable-with-the-fabric kind of way but in a way to just feel things around her, which just happened to be the sleeve attached to Joseph.

While she was doing that, he was freaking out. Just a little. Maybe what their younger co-stars would call fangirling. This was Phoebe fucking Adebayo. He watched her in everything. Friends, even though he was only two years older than her and a toddler at the time, The Nanny, not Star Trek though. He refused to fall down that nerd hole. He had even been watching live when she won her Oscar for The Train.

It was safe to say when he heard 'Ozzy' was coming back for season 4, since season 3 had a slight cliffhanger of her being carried away in a stretcher from the 'mall fire', he was a little excited. Yeah, he even caught up on everything Stranger Things before even going to audition for them. Ans then when he found out that that two of them were love interests, Ozzy and Eddie, even more excited. He had even called his mum to tell her that he was on Stranger Things with Phoebe Adebayo, but she didn't really know the show or the actress. But his dad was excited so that counts.

His head turned a little to look at her as they continued on, seeing her eyes completely spaced out on her own fingers that were playing with the end of his jacket sleeve. She looked very sleepy at the moment, her eyes still seemingly wide with interest at what she was doing.

"So, are you excited about the new season?" He asked, trying to start their conversation back up as she had quieted immediately when the sleeve caught her attention.

Phoebe's whole face brightened up as she smiled up at him. "Oh yes! I love being on set with everyone, I can't wait to see my babies."

"Babies?"

"Just the younger kids on set. Like Gaten, Millie, so on and so forth. Have you met any of them yet?" Her other unaccompanied hand move to sit on top of the arm her other was wrapped in.

"Only Gaten for a few minutes, and other Joe, again for only a few minutes. Then I went for a wander and found you, so it seemed to work out in the end." He said with a shrug before looking at her with a smile.

"That's right!" Phoebe's head gave a firm nod with a louder voice then before.

•◦இ•◦
a/n: their whole relationship is really 'i find this person really cute and i like them but we are co-workers and now friends so i can't say anything incase my emotions ruin that'