9

Spencer was just arrested in mexico.

Why were you in mexico.

Hearing he was arrested sent me into a downward spiral but i had to compose myself because jack doesn't know. Jack thinks they had a normal case in mexico helping the irt. Its gonna hurt when he hears about spencers arrest.

Its the next day and im picking jack up from school in the tesla.

He walks out of the building and gets in the passenger seat of the car.

"hi" i say. No response.

"how was your day?" i ask n pull out of the parking lot. No response.

"hello, can you hear me?" i ask. No response. i pull the car over to the side of the road and put my hazards on.

"Jack" i say turning to look at him. No response.

"Jack Hotchner, i know you hear me talking to you" i say sternly.

"Can you just leave me alone" he says. Ouch, hearing him say that to me hurts.

"What's wrong" i ask. No response.

"is it a kid at school?" he shakes his head.

"were they talking about you" i ask, he shakes his head again.

" Whats wrong" i ask grabbing his hand. He snatches his hand away.

"if you don't tell me ill call your teacher and find out myself" i say.

"Why didn't you tell me uncle spencer got arrested" he says tears brimming his eyes.

Mom and Dad told me to throw them under the bus if this happens. So he has atleast one adult he can talk to. So i act confused.

"what are you talking about" i ask.

"kids were talking about it in school" he says pulling up a news article.

"He was arrested in mexico 2 days ago" he says.

"i didnt know, i fell asleep right after you did that day" i say truthfully.

( jack fell asleep at 8 she fell asleep at 8:30 they found out he was arrested at 9 and when he got back in the states they woke her up to see him.)

"why didnt they tell me, they acted like everything was fine" he says through tears.

"Maybe it was to protect the image of your favorite uncle" i say. i need to change the topic and fast.

"wanna hear something cool" i say.

"sure" he says and i pull up the audio recording of my babies heartbeat. hitting play it makes my heart melt all over again.

"who's heart beat" he asks when the recording finishes.

"your niece's" i say.

"but i dont have a niece" he says confused.

"yea you do, uncle spencer and i are having a baby" i say nonchalantly.

"wait, repeat that" he says.

"which part. the part where i tell you the gender of my baby or the part where i tell you that im having a baby with your favorite uncle" i say.

"you're pregnant" he asks smiling.

"yea" i respond with the same enthusiasm.

he reaches over the center console and pulls me into a hug.

"If it means anything I think you're going to be a great mom" he says. Now im crying.

"It means everything that you think that" I say he lets go and I sit in my seat regularly.