Chapter 2: Let's Start Over

Just like Dazai, Chuuya hated his life. 

When he was younger he had a life that was ok. He was poor, but his parents would still provide him with the stuff he needed. When his parents come home they would be grumpy, so when Chuuya would try to talk or play with them they would scream and yell at them. It was better than being beaten or abused. But it still hurt mentally. 

But when he was in kindergarten and he met Dazai, he would always be happy. He didn't like to show his sad side because he could tell Dazai was already hurting. So he didn't want to bring his own problems into Dazai's life. 

But both of his parents died when he was 9. And his brother, Verlaine took care of him ever since. But his brother still was the worst. Verlaine would always think of Chuuya as a burden so he would yell at Chuuya for no reason. 

Chuuya didn't think his life was that bad though since he had his best friend Dazai. He still didn't tell him about his own life problems. But then Dazai stopped talking to Chuuya, which hurt him. So that's when Chuuya started turning more into his parents and brother. He would always yelled at people instead of talking things out. And sometimes got into fights at school and outside of school. 

He skipped a lot at school since his brother didn't really give a shit about him. Chuuya failed every class. But he had pretty good friends he hung out with. 

Verlaine always scolded Chuuya for not getting a job. So Chuuya started working in 8th grade, but he got fired from every job for treating the customers like shit and stuff. But one day he found an app where you could get paid for being fucked. He didn't like the idea, but it paid a lot, which could help him and his brother. Or to help him run away. 

____________________________________________________________

Chuuya came back from the motel. God, it was hard for him to walk around. He ran upstairs to change and just recover from what happened. 

He took the money out of his backpack and dumped it all over his bed. This is the first time he's actually seen this much money in real life. He felt like a millionaire even if it was just $10,000. Chuuya hid the money as soon as he heard Verlaine come back from his late-night shift. 

Chuuya grabbed $5,000 and left his room to go give it to Verlaine, hoping his brother wouldn't ask where he got it from. 

"Verlaine," Chuuya tried getting his tired brother's attention. "What the fuck do you want!?" He said angrily. "Uhm... here's money... for rent and stuff," Chuuya said handing his brother $5,000 in cash. Verlaine's eyes widened, "Where the hell did you get this!?" Verlaine asked as he snatched the money from Chuuya. "Uhm..." Chuuya tried coming up with a lie. "I'm working as a maid for a rich person," Chuuya said. He didn't know what else to say, but he was super embarrassed making that stupid lie up. "Oh? Uhm... alright. Just go to bed you little shit." Verlaine said sternly. And Chuuya left the room. 

'God he can't even say thanks!' Chuuya thought angrily. 

But as Chuuya's head filled with thoughts, he soon fell asleep after his rough night. 

_____________________________________________________________

It was another day at school and Chuuya was gonna go to his regular skipping spot, but once he arrived at his spot it was being cleaned by the school janitor. Chuuya sighed and headed over to the boy's bathroom. 

He hated the boy's bathroom because every time he would walk by the bathroom a couple would be making out. And it also stank really bad in the bathroom. 

Chuuya walked inside the bathroom and locked it behind him. This wasn't a popular bathroom, it was really seen for the usual making-out spot. Which is why the teacher's don't dare to come down here. 

"Finally, peace... nothing to worry about." Chuuya placed his headphones on his head and went on the app to see if there was anyone who messaged him. Nothing. 

Chuuya was enjoying the quiet space when suddenly saw a stall door open. He freaked out since he was 1, sitting on the counter and acting like a fool. 2, he locked the god damn door. 3, this kid could be a snitch and tell the principal or something.

But once the stall door opened, it revealed a brunette who was stuffing a plastic bag into his pocket. 

They both stared at each other for about 5 minutes which felt like an eternity. 

"What the hell are you staring at!?" Dazai asked. "I could say the same for you," Chuuya said looking back down at his phone. 

Dazai was about to walk out but Chuuya stopped him, "You know, you shouldn't go out there. There's like 3 fucking couples making out." Chuuya warned Dazai. "Whatever," Dazai said rolling his eyes. Then suddenly there was a loud moan coming from out of the bathroom. "You know what I'll stay for a little. 

They both sat on the counter, but it was super awkward. Chuuya was staring at his phone texting the same man from last night, seeing if he could get paid again this Saturday. But he was really hoping Dazai wasn't seeing the messages. As for Dazai, he wanted to take more drugs. But Chuuya was here, he was afraid of how he would react or do. 

"So how's life been treating you?" Chuuya broke the silence. "Shit, you?" Dazai asked not making eye contact. "It's ok I guess..." Chuuya lied. Chuuya couldn't stop but think about the memories of Dazai distancing himself from him. Which was driving him insane. 

"I see you have new friends..." Chuuya said starting to get jealous. "Yeah... same with you," Dazai mentioned. 

Chuuya couldn't handle it, he stood up and faced Dazai. "Seriously... Why the hell did you start distancing yourself from me!? Did I do something? Dazai you were my best friend what the fuck would you do that. And I could tell you've gotten worse since you wearing more bandages and you look tired and sick as fuck!" Chuuya confronted Dazai, but then he realized what he said. And was a little embarrassed. 

"There are many reasons why I started distancing myself Chuuya..." Dazai finally said after a moment of silence. 

"You see I heard that my mom was having another baby, which I didn't want because I knew she was sick and she was gonna die. Second I was always jealous of you for having a better life than me you always seemed happy, probably since you had a great family. But the main reason was that my dad told me to stop hanging out with you. Or else he would ruin your life and I've seen it before." Dazai explained. 

Chuuya didn't know how to feel, he felt kind of angry for Dazai being jealous and making assumptions about his life. But at the same time, Chuuya felt bad. "Listen, my life isn't what you think it is. Plus even if your dad wanted to ruin my life it's already hell for me anyway so I don't care. Listen I just wanna be friends again. If that's too much to ask then I'll get out of your damn life." Chuuya said. 

Dazai did miss their friendship, they would always tease each other and hang out. "Sure I guess..." Dazai said. 

Suddenly the bell rang which made Dazai worried since he just skipped a fucking period. "Listen I gotta go, my dad's gonna kill me," Dazai explained. "Alright by you dumbass," Chuuya said walking out to go to his little hideout.

_____________________________________________________________

I guess you could say Chuuya's life was a little bit better, now that he and Dazai were talking again. 

But Chuuya had dark secrets that he hoped Dazai would never find out about. Same with Dazai.