United Kingdom

Cassie stepped out of her taxi and stood at a large and rusted black gate. The vines wrapped around the cold metal bars. She turned around to the driver. "My dad said he bought a house for me to live in, this doesn't look too safe." She tightened her grip on her bag. "Madam, it has been remodeled and thoroughly looked through. Besides, it was the cheapest on the market aside from what happened." Mr. Gunther, the driver, stated. "Mr. Gunther.. I just turned eighteen..technically this isn't a good idea for me to be out on my own." He chuckled as he unlocked the gate.

  The driveway seemed long and scary. As they approached the house, it didn't look very 'remodeled'. "I'll have Mr. Grubbs come help with your bags." Cassie stepped out of the car and looked around. "Mr. Grubbs?" She questioned. "The previous family had a grocery man, we thought it was a splendid idea being as your father wouldn't be able to come by for a while. He will come by once a week to deliver groceries and check on you." Mr. Gunther stated. The porch steps creaked as the big door opened. Cassie looked up and thought she saw a shadow in the upstairs window. She blew it off as she stepped inside. Seeing at how nice it looked, she took her shoes off beside the door. "Why here? There's a whole world to live in, and dad chose here." Cassie pouted. "Your father does a lot of work in the United Kingdom Miss. He plans to join you in early November. Besides, he wanted you away from... you know." Cassie pulled out her phone. It was only June. She followed Mr. Gunther upstairs. "As you can see we have a house phone hooked up, electricity, hot water." He continued walking, showing her the rooms. "What's that one?" Cassie said as they came to the hall's end. "You read the newspaper your dad sent that day didn't you? Before he purchased the house?" Cassie nodded. She made sure to read up on where she was going to live. "The boy, Brahms, that was his room. You must not go in there. That was the only officer's request in purchasing this house." He pulled on the padlock on the door.

  "Any questions or frightening, give me a call." Mr. Gunther said as he looked through the passenger window. Mr. Grubbs walked past her. "If any strange things scare you, play music. As loud as you can. It seems to.. sooth frightening here." He placed his hand on Cassie's shoulder. He was a fine, slender young man. He had strawberry blonde hair with deep blue eyes. "My names Ethan Grubbs. I'll see you next week Cassie." He smiled and hopped in the car. Cassie took a deep breath and made her way back into the house. Paranormal stuff didn't usually scare her, it was being on her own she was scared of.

CASSIE'S POV

  I made my way to the kitchen as I made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I went to take the first bite when I heard a thud. "H-hello?" I stuttered. I tucked a piece of my chocolate brown hair behind my ear. Taking small steps, I looked around the corner to glance into the living room. A small recliner was rocking. I thought it was from lack of sleep after my long trip from the United States. "Silly girl, it's that country lifestyle trying to leave you." I whispered. I made my way upstairs to take a warm bath. My towel and pajamas was laid on the sink as I got into the shower.

  Minutes later, I turned the water off. Opening the curtain, I noticed my clothes were gone. I tucked my towel in tight around me and went to my room. There, a new pair of pajamas were in my bag as I slid them on and began unpacking. "It's just your mind, I swore I left them there." I mumbled. The phone rang, so I answered. "Hey Cass!" Dad said cheerfully. "How's the new house?" He asked. "Dad it's creepy, and I think there's someone here!" I yelled. "Sweetie, I had numerous people check everything, it's okay. Every nook and cranny is clear." We talked for a while longer, and then I hit him with the question. "Dad I am 18, I never wanted to leave Florida. I'm not staying here forever. Why did you make me come?" He sighed. "I needed you away from Ryan, after you broke up with him you went..away. He abused you Cassandra." I started crying. "Do not let him find out where you live." I told him goodnight and covered up. I closed my eyes and drifted off into a deep sleep.

The halls were dark. There was a sound of a ball bouncing and a child giggling. The ball seemed to be getting tossed from wall to wall, until it disappeared into one. An elderly man approached me. "The walls are talking, WAKE UUUUUP." He yelled.

  I jumped up in a sweat. The clock said 7:00. Sunlight came through the dusty blinds. I brushed my teeth and changed my clothes. "I should probably check the mail." I walked downstairs to the front door. "Surely my shoes should still be here. Did I sleep walk or something?" I began looking everywhere, until I just gave up and got another pair from my things.

  Approaching the mailbox, I opened it to find an envelope with a red seal on it. I sliced it open and it read:

  Cassandra,

  Forgive me. Don't ask how I found you. Don't ask who I am, nor how I know you. Inside is a key. Use this key when you're ready to access Brahm's room. Once opened, he will know what to do.

  Oh no. Should I call my dad? Should I open it? Who is this? Isn't Brahm's and his family dead? I sealed the envelope back and looked at the key. What do I do?