Cupid Stupid

Both Oliver and Diggle were staring at each other for what it seems like forever. Oliver was waiting for Dig to say something but Dig was gathering his thoughts on what he was gonna say first. Dig looked over at Laurel to make sure she was still out before deciding to speak. "What's going on with you, man?"

"Nothing is going on. Everything is just fine." Oliver said crossing his arms.

"Now that's a lie and you know it." he shook his head already getting annoyed. "But fine, you wanna play that game. I'll just tell you...Why are you treating Laurel this way? Why are you ignoring her?"

Oliver scoffed in annoyance glaring at Dig. "Can you just do me a favor and just stay out of Laurel and my problems."

"It's my problem if Laurel came to me about you, Oliver," Dig said a bit too loud crossing his arms. "You are hurting her! You weren't fully there for her when she lost your guy's baby. And I get that you think it's your fault because you didn't save her in time but that is not your fault...Do you hear me?!" he snapped a bit.

"It is my fault! I should have known that she was in danger!" Oliver yelled as he grew more angrier by the minute. "Why would she want me around when I couldn't even be there to save her?"

"Oliver, she loves you to death and she doesn't blame you. And I know you are still in love with her because I've seen how you look at her when she's not looking. You want...You need her and don't you try to lie about that!" Dig exclaim walking over to Oliver.

"Yeah, maybe you are right but I can't be with her even if I want to. I'm just gonna bring more danger to her." Oliver shook his head. Just the thought of Laurel being in danger or hurt brings him angry and in pain. "She's in danger right now because of me. This cupid chick is only after her because I love her."

"There is always gonna be danger, Oliver! Even if you guys are not together, she will always be at risk because you will always love her." Dig said as he tried to get through Oliver's head. Once he realizes that Oliver wasn't going to budge, he decides that he was gonna take a different route. "She is considering leaving the team. I'm sure you can stop her if you finally start talking to her."

Once Oliver heard that Laurel was considering leaving the team, it broke him. It made him furious at Laurel but he couldn't blame her as well. He's the one who gives her many reasons for leaving the team. "Then let her leave." he burly whispered enough so Dig could hear him.

"What? You can't be serious!" Dig shook his head not believing that Oliver had said that.

~
"Oliver, we should talk," Laurel said walking up beside him. They haven't talked after everything that went down with Slade and the loss of their baby.

"About what?" he simply asked not looking at her.

She took a deep breath before walking in front of him so she could see his face. She told herself she will hold in her tears. "About everything, Oliver...About us...About losing our baby." she said stammering her words.

He signed closing his eyes. He couldn't bear to look at her not because he was ashamed of her...because he didn't want to break down in front of her. He had to be strong for her and his stake. "There is no us. And there is nothing to talk about...losing our baby," he said as calmly but sternly as he can.