The Next Morning

I walked downstairs holding a tight grip on the railing. I felt like falling with every step I took.
      I could mark last night as a historical moment. Like that day could be where kids get a free day off from school.
      I stumbled over to the kitchen hungry now. I opened and shut cabinets gently, trying to make something to eat. I used one hand to hold myself up and the other to make two sandwiches.
      Footsteps caused me to pause suddenly. A yawn came from beside me as I heard them step off the stairs. "Good morning Summer" I heard Iina said. I felt literally frozen having to speak to anyone in my current state. I just wanted to make the food then disappear back upstairs.
      "Good morning Iina!" I exclaimed as all my thoughts vanished. "Well you seem joyful, did something happen?" she asked curious. "No.. Just sort of happy this morning" I answered with a smile. "Well that's good, I'm happy that you're happy." she said. I just nodded before finishing the sandwiches. "Well I'm gonna bring this food to Nightmare. Sleeping in all day" I said with a laugh. "Alright then, have fun" she said walking next to me. She went into the cabinet to look for food as well. I didn't know how I was gonna walk properly in front of her.
       I held a grip on the two plates before stepping away from the counter. My legs began to wobble but I quickly ran towards the stairs. She glanced at me as if knowing something was up, but I just ran up before she could say anything.
       I gently shut the door behind me before walking to my side of the bed. I set Nightmare's sandwich down on the table before climbing in. I put the plate in my lap as I adjusted myself.
       Nightmare just groaned, waking up from just my presence. He opened his eyes just staring at me. The look he had was right back to normal, sweet and kind. His eyes were decently dark but they still shined bright enough to me. I could've stared at him all day.
       "Good morning" he mumbled, shutting his eyes again. "Good morning, I made you food" I said with a smile. He just stood silent after I said that, I was guessing he was still tired. "Thank you" he whispered before groaning. He practically forced himself to get up. I smiled at him as he went into the bathroom to brush his teeth. With him gone I decided to begin eating.
         It was still silent between us even after yesterday. I convinced myself that it was because he was just waking up, but I still felt tension from him. My heart sank when I realized he might've thought I was serious. It was fun to see him aggressive like that, but I really felt bad.
        "Quick question, why have we literally never seen any other mobs around?" he asked while brushing his teeth. "I think... Because they trust us?" I asked, rubbing my chin. "Interesting.." he mumbled while nodding. He went back into the bathroom to spit out the toothpaste. I was glad he could still talk to me normally. I was still expecting him to be mad though.
         "Nightmare?" I asked, fidgetting with my hands. "Hm?" he asked, poking his head out. "I wanted to talk" I said, trying to sound as sincere as I could. His expression made it look like his heart sank as well, I hated seeing him like this. "About?" he asked, his voice shaking a little. He shut off the light before walking back to the bed.
         "About last night.. Please tell me you don't think I was serious" I said with a frown. He paused a bit before climbing into bed. "Everything I said was just to get that side out of you, I didn't mean any of it. I'm not into that dude at all. One thing was right, his clothing sense is weird" I said scowling. He just laughed a bit at my last comment. I smiled a bit before leaning back. "I love you Nightmare, I wanna marry you. I'd never have eyes set for another guy or woman" I told him. "That actually gives me a bit of relief" he mumbled gently. I chuckled before setting my plate to the side. "C'mere you-" I said, pulling him into a hug. I felt him smile against my neck as he hugged back. I truly loved this man.
           "All fun and games till another war starts" he joked. "Noo, I don't want another warr" I whined before laughing. He just laughed as well before pulling away. I smiled more before planting a kiss on his forehead. "Well, here's your sandwich" I said, handing him the plate. "Ooo, thank you" he said, leaning back on the headrest. I couldn't help but just stare at him, admiring every little detail. "You're welcome" I said before leaning back as well.