Chapter 59

Gavin
Ugh, I've never hated this tradition more than I do now. Whoever came up with this in the past I want to slit their throats. 'Absences make the heart grow fonder', my ass. I don't need my heart to be fonder, I need her with me now. Tonight. God even though we only see each other every weekend and sometimes in between doesn't mean I don't want to be with her on the eve of our wedding. Note the sarcasm. Chloe came and picked her up from my house before I got home and wasn't able to see her. I haven't seen or touched her body this whole week. It's killing me, after this I'm never letting her go. She had told me her and the girls were having a sleepover/bachelorette party at The Hilton in downtown. The guys are supposedly on their way for my bachelor party, I don't want a party. I want Bryn, here with me. I hear my front door slam shut and they all make their way into the living room where I'm sitting drowning in my sorrows with a glass of scotch. "Ugh, you look like your long lost love left you , man." Ellis says as he sets down a 12 pk of beer on the coffee table. Nodding in agreement with him Rhys, Brad and Cutter take a seat on the opposing couch. "Dude, you will see her tomorrow and let me just say she looked beautiful today in her dress." Cutter says which makes me want her more, I groan as I throw my head back against the back of the couch. "Dude, shut up. How about we get this party started and no more girl talk..mhm?" Rhys says as he stands up and turns on the music. They planned a night out at the strip joint but Cutter ins't old enough and I really didn't want to see any naked women if they weren't Bryn. So we too are having a sleepover of sorts, where we get drunk and watch movies then pass out. I'm so glad the wedding is in the evening because the way I'm going I will most likely be hungover.

Why is it so bright in my room? My shades are always drawn. Groaning I reach for my phone on my side table but I reach air and fall flat on my face. Guess I didn't make it to my room, as I look around to see I had fallen off the couch. Cutter lays on the floor while Rhys is on the couch with Ellis and Brad on the other side of the room also on the floor. God how much did we drink lasting night. I see my phone on the table and reach for it to check the time. As it lights up I see it's almost 2pm, shit we have to be at the tailors to pick up our suits at 3. "Get up!" I start yelling as I pick myself up off the floor. Groaning and cussing can be heard throughout the living room as I make my way to the guys and kick them in the legs when they don't get up. "Get your asses up! We have to go!" I keep yelling as I head to the kitchen to start the coffee machine. I'm gonna need a pick me up. As it starts I head back to the living room to see if them shitheads are up. I see them all sitting on the couch, don't they know I'm getting married today. Frustrated I throw my hands up at them and a slew of cuss words echo throughout the room. "Get up, go shower and get dressed we have to pick up our tuxes and head to the house. I'm getting married in 4 hours. Let's go!" I yell as I make my way towards my room for a quick shower. After my shower I get dressed in sweats and a t-shirt and slide on my running shoes as I head down to the kitchen for coffee. I bring a bottle of aspirin for the guys before I left my room, we're gonna need it. "Ugh, why did we drink so much?"Brad whines as he walks into the kitchen. "Because this whipped bitch ass kept whining about his girl so we kept giving alcohol to shut him up, and in tell we drank with him" Rhys says as he points his finger at me. Rolling my eyes, I flip them off with a mumbling "fuck you" under my breath. As we make our coffees to go I call my driver to bring the car around, I don't feel like driving.

After getting our tuxes we stopped by 'Lone Star' to grab a burger to eat before we head to the house. As we pull up I see the driveway lined with cars already and my mind starts to freak out. What if she changes her mind? What if she decided I wasn't worthy of her love? All these negative thoughts started slipping in my mind and I'm guessing my facial features showed it when Rhys hit the back of my head I came back to reality. "Don't even start overthinking, man. She loves you. Why I'll never know but she does so get out of your head and let's get in there and get you ready." Always the voice of reason which him, this time he's right and I'm not even gonna fight him. Nodding my head I exit the car and make my way to my room again, Bryn and the girls are still at the hotel. They will be here soon so I need to do a sweep through and talk with Izzy before I get dressed. I find Izzy in the backyard directing the guys setting up the table and chairs. It's a breezy but warm spring day, perfect weather to marry the love of my life. "Hey Izzy. How is everything?" I ask as I walk up behind her. Turning she holds a clipboard on her hands with a small picture of Bryn's dream board attached. Smiling at that, she glances down to see what I'm smiling at and she smiles too. "Don't want to miss anything. I don't need a pregnant bridezilla on my hands" she says with a chuckle. I know Bryn would never get that extreme but with her hormones everywhere these days she just might get a little crazy, but shit so would I. This is the only wedding we get so might as well make it perfect. Anything she wants she get. As I look around the backyard looks great the gazebo is done with the little lights around it, the runway is laid out and chairs lined it up to the makeshift alter, the tables and chairs to the back right around the makeshift dance floor and stage with vases in the middle of the tables with small peach colored flowers to accent her colors along with peach colored ribbons tied to the back of the chairs. Satisfied with the outcome, I make my way back into the house to get ready. My alarm rings stating it 5 o'clock, one more hour to go.

I've never been so fucking nervous in my life. As the guys told beside me as we wait I'm sweating balls here as they were snickering at my nervous face. My throat dried up, and my chest felt tight as my heart clashed against it. Why is it so hot, fuck. I  wrung my hands together as I took a deep breathe trying to calm my nerves, "god, I feel so soft" I uttered as I tried to keep the tears at bay. Rhys clasped his hand on my shoulder reassuringly, " Your supposed to be a softie and happy" he says. Shit did I not look happy? My eyes widen as I look at him and he laughs. My breath shuddered as I tried to catch it and wiped my hand over my face, wiping the sweat off and onto my slacks. God what's taking so long? As the bridal party made their way down the isle I look behind them and I swear I lost all the air in my lungs when those doors opened and reveled my soon to be wife. I could nearly die with the tightening of my chest as I looked at her. I knew I loved her but lately seeing her belly grow with our child has made my love grow more intense. She was created just for me, she is mine. She somehow makes me love her more each day. The music started to play and everyone and everything around me disappeared as my eyes were stuck on her. Her beautiful dress flowed down her body, tight around her growing belly as it flared out and landed softly on the ground as she walks my way. Her bouquet was big full of orchids and peached colored roses, her mother's veil covered her face but I still could see her beautiful face as she smiles at me. Her green eyes shone from the lights along the isle, her long red hair curled and in an updo that accentuates her neck. I stand there in awe as as grabbed her father's arm and they move down the isle gracefully, slow steps. So slow that I just want to run to her and pick her up and bring her to the front and make her my wife already, I'm so impatient. I love her so much. She's absolutely breathtaking. Our smiles matched each other's despite my loud beating chest I could feel my face heating up as I watched her. When she finally stops in front of me her dad puts her hand on mine as he kisses her cheek. Don't cry. Don't you fucking cry. I keep repeating in my head. "So beautiful. Your belly looks amazing, baby." I whispered as she came beside me, she smiled as she gave me a look over and her bottom lip tucked in her mouth. Damn, if she keeps this up I'm gonna end up taking her right now.

When the priest started the ceremony, we turned to face each other and my hands went to hers as she took mine she placed them over her belly and smiled up at me. "I love you" I mouthed to her. "I love you" she mouthed back as I tear slipped from her eye. I used my thumb to wipe it, fuck she's gonna make me cry. "Stop crying" I tell her, she shakes her head. "You stop," she reply's back smiling I shake my head in return. "I can't I say as she sniffles again.  My expression softened as she kept crying as we said our vows. "Do you Gavin James Walker take Bryn Ann Davis to be your lawfully wedded wife?" The priest asks. "I do" I say quickly. The crowd laughs, I just want to be married to her already. Smiling he turns to Bryn, "Bryn Ann Davis do you take Gavin James Walker to be your lawfully wedded husband?" "Ido" she said as I turn and take the rings from Rhys. Handing her hers, I slip on her ring and say "With this ring I wed thee" as she repeats after me we smile at each other knowing one part remains. "I now pronounce you..-" I pull her close and smash my lips with hers not waiting for him to finish. Holding her waist to steady her from my force but she pulls me closer by my coat and moans in my mouth. Pulling away I smile widely as my heart in full of love and joy as I stare at my wife. We were finally married. My wife. My angel.