chapter 7

Your POV

the three of us are now logged out of the Oasis again. After I completed challenge 2 and received the second key along with a new clue, the rest of the team went back one by one to complete the challenge as well. After that, we all agreed to log out for today and meet again at Aech workshop tomorrow.

"If you know the ultimate, divide it by the magic and what you need, want and desire will be in the tragic." I said as I read the clue outloud.

"Tragic, that's Halliday to himself." said Samantha.

'Why?' Wade asked.

'He was lonely. He had no one to end his life with.' I explained. Then I lost myself in my own thoughts. What would happen if one of us won the match, but also what would happen if Sorrento won. probably nothing good at all. I didn't know how long I had been thinking, but suddenly a large number of IOI agents entered the building. 

Me, Samantha and Wade jumped up and took the papers where we made notes of the clues and possible ideas where the third and final key was.when we had everything we ran as fast as we could, only to see more people from IOI storm in. Samantha led us to a small door and opened it.

"This leads to the alley." said Samantha, going through the hatch-like door.

"You go first." said Wade, stepping aside. I grabbed his arm and led him to the door.

 "I'll be right after you, you go first." I said. Wade made his way through the door hesitantly, he paused a little further down the small hall and looked my way.

'Come on!' he said and gestured for me to follow. I looked around at the people at IOI, I had an idea, maybe a stupid plan, but it would give them more time to get away. I turned my gaze back to Wade and gave him a regretful look.

'Sorry.' Was all I said and before he could answer I closed and locked the door. just as I let go of the latch, I was grabbed by the collar of my T-shirt. I was led past the center of the room and a woman approached me.

'(Y/N) (L/N), IOI has calculated all your debts, this is currently a number of 23,000 coins. you will be taken to the nearest loyalty center and work there until your debt is paid in full."

*********

sorry for the small part. next update will be sooner and the part will also be a bit longer. but hope you like this part.