chapter 10

Helen tries to lose IOI in the busy streets of the Columbus stacks. Everywhere we went, people had their VR goggles on or were all looking at their phones. "What's going on out there? The game is over for them. What are they watching?" Ask Sho.

"The final key! It's being broadcast." Samantha said, holding up her VR goggles and showing us. On the video we can see Wade. "You see, Warren Robinett was proud of Adventure. He wanted people to know who was behind it. That's why he created the first digital Easter egg and to find it, you didn't even have to win." With the controller he sends the figure around in the game until he finds a black dot. then he sends it back to the home screen with the controller. "You just had to blindly play, searching around in rooms for an invisible dot. You took the dot back to the main screen and that's when you found the first Easter egg ever put in a video game. The creator's name." After completing the challenge, part of the ice disappeared and Halliday's avatar appeared, holding a crystal key.

"What's going on, man? I can't see shit." Helen said. The crowd grew bigger and bigger and she had trouble steering the van.

"Parzival just got the Crystal Key!" I said. After Wade took the key, a door appeared. He takes the other two keys from his inventory and puts each in the corresponding keyhole. but when he wanted to put the last key in the lock, the car behind us crashes into the van and we all fall against the side of the van."Aech, what the hell's going on?" asks Wade. "Just my practicing Mario Kart. What do you think? IOI's trying to kill us, man!" she replied. "Everyone watching, if you're in the Columbus stacks, this is Parzival. My real world name is Wade Watts, and we're gonna need your help." Wade said to viewers of the video.

 We all get up after the hard fall and I walked over to Helen and helped her steer.

"Aech, head for the stacks!" Samantha said. The two of us steer the van towards the stacks while Sorrento still follows us. After a while the stacks come into view. "The stacks are straight ahead!" I call to the others. We put the van in the middle of the stacks. A crowd soon forms around the van. My attention was drawn to a sheet of golden light emanating from Wade's gloves. Soon we all realize what is happening. 

"He did it. He got the egg." I said with a smile, but that smile quickly disappears as Sorrento opens the doors with a gun in his hands.

"No! Please!" I call to him. Fortunately, it does not come to the point that Sorrento can do something about it because the police have already heard the commotion and have arrived on the scene. "Hold it! Drop the gun! Now! On the ground! turn around! Hands on your head.Walk back towards me." Ordered an agent to Sorrento who quickly drops his weapon and walks away from us. After Sorrento is captured by the police. an older man walks up to us. "Wade?""Ogden Morrow?" we all ask surprised. "You can call me "Og." he said quickly and points to a few people. "Now, there are some people out here that would very much like to meet you." he said. "Wow, this is incredible. It's an honor to meet you, Og." Wade said. Wade looks at us and whispers something to Og. He closes the doors of the van and walks towards me."I'm not like Halliday. I'm taking the leap" He puts his hand around my waist and presses his lips against mine. Softly kissing me. we stayed like this until we were interrupted by the doors of the van being opened.

The police were waiting outside the van. "We're looking for Wade Watts. We need you to make a statement about the clip you sent in of Nolan Sorrento's confession." Said an agent. Helen steps forward. "Uh, that was me." Wade looks at her in surprise. "What? I record everything in my workshop." Helen said with a smile. "Help me out of this." Wade asks, crouching on the floor so I can untie the cords on his suit. After I loosened the last cord, the doors opened again. This time it was Og and a group of other people.

"Who are you guys?" asks Wade."The people you need right now, lawyers. From Gregarious Games. They want your signature, Wade." Og explains. One of the lawyers has a sign with contracts to sign and hands it to Wade. Wade glances quickly over the paper. "I'm splitting it with my clan. We're gonna run things together." He decides. "That's a good choice." Og smiles at his decision. One by one we get a contract and fill in the necessary before leaving the van. Outside, a whole group of people start cheering. Og leads us through the group of people, the whole time Wade holds my hand."Mr. Morrow... I mean, Og, how'd you get here so fast?" asks Wade. Og started laughing and stopped walking. "I flew from the stars on my magic sleigh. Everyone's been watching. Of course, I've been watching a little closer than most." He takes his hand from his pocket and tosses a quarter to Wade. Wade looks at the coin. "You? You're the Curator?" "Well played, Parzival." Og said in the Curator's voice. we all laughed and continued walking with Og

Together with my friends we bought a big house where we could all live together. That day we took over the control the Oasis, and the first thing we did was sign Ogden Morrow to a non-exclusive consultancy. The salary, per his demand, was 25 cents. One quarter. With his guidance, our second move was to ban any loyalty centersfrom accessing the OASIS. IOI had no choice. they had to close them all.The third thing we did wasn't as popular. We closed the OASIS on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I know, it sounds like a weird move, but people need to spend more time in the real world. 'Cause, like Halliday said, reality is the only thing that's real.

____________________________

Okay, so this is the end of the book. I hope it was a fun book to read. Maybe I'll see you again at a possible rewrite of the book.  *S3cr3tariat*