chapter 14 | lost lover

MALIAS POV:

There's a ringing in my ears as I step out of the car, a hoodie drawn over my face, casting a shadow over me. I press myself against a wall, my eyes narrowing on Kade. He steps out of the car, a man with dark blonde hair coming up to him.

Their mouths move; only muffled voices can be heard from where I am. The car was parked at an abandoned manufacturing house, with stained walls and a moldy smell laced with cigarettes.

There's a vibration that runs through my body, no doubt music from below. It was apparent something was going on below us, I just didn't know what.

Maybe a party?

The man nods to Kade, turning around before walking through the opened door. Kade follows, taking his duffle bag from the trunk and swinging it over his arm. I tense against the dirty wall, pressing myself into it so Kade wouldn't notice me.

Just as the door is about to close, I catch it by the tip of my fingers, almost slamming it into the door. I wait a few seconds, the sounds of animals around me becoming more clear. A few seconds pass before I walk in, drawing my hoodie over my head.

I walk through the dark hallway, only a few steps after Kade. They turn left in sync, both their shoulders starting to tense. Ducking low, I quietly follow them to find an oversized garage. Kade throws his duffle bag onto a table nearby, rolling his neck and shoulders before stuffing his hands into his pockets.

He's nervous.

That was always his weak spot, an uncontrollable tick he does when he's nervous. Not like many people would notice it since he had likely never told them.

An engine revs from outside, shocking me from my thoughts. The garage door opened with a straining noise, and both men backed up, putting their feet into a defensive stance.

A motorcycle zoomed into view, stopping only a few feet from Kade and the mysterious man. The smoke of the motorcycle filled my nostrils. The person steps off, taking off the helmet with one hand before shaking her head.

The women had thick dark brown hair, a perfectly symmetrical face, dark eyes, and a strong jawline. She's tall as well, with long legs like mine. She wears a black leather jacket, paired with a black t-shirt and blue jeans.

She looks at Kade and the man, giving them a wide smirk before retrieving something from her trunk. She pulls out a steel grey briefcase, the heels of her boots clicking on the floor as she steps towards them.

She's about my height, which is tall but compared to these men, definitely not.

"Thought the dropoff was earlier?" The mysterious man beside Kade mutters, crossing his arms over his broad chest. She shrugs, "Whatever Deo wants, he gets."

Kade glances at the man, raising an eyebrow at him before turning back to her. "When's the next race?" He asks, eyeing the briefcase. She chuckles, looking down at her feet before looking back up. "Wouldn't you like to know, hm?"

Kade sighs, rubbing his eyebrows, "Ruth, now is not the time for fucking games." he snaps. Ruth laughs it off, standing taller before throwing the briefcase carelessly to the mysterious man.

"Adrian, why don't you go be a good boy and put this somewhere safe, hm?" She teases, looking at him with a grin. He rolls his eyes, muttering a silent curse before setting the briefcase down on the table.

"And that's all of it, right?" Kade asks, glancing at the briefcase again. She nods, "Down to the fucking penny, now I heard from a little bird there is a match tonight?" Kade crosses his arms, tilting his head as he looks down at her, "Yes, who the fuck told you." He replies with a bite in his voice.

"Roman, of course." She chuckles, looking down at her watch before sighing. "Well, it looks like I have somewhere to be at this time," She begins, walking back to her motorcycle, "Oh, and I hope you know your lost lover is currently watching you behind a wall as we speak." She says loudly, turning her head and winking at me before disappearing into her helmet.

Kade tenses, his jaw clenched as he turns around. Our eyes clash, mine wide with fear and his wide with anger.

"You better fucking pray to God, Malia."
_____________________________________

So extremely short chapter, might be doing these from now on. So heres the schedule for publishing.

Monday - publish at 4 EDT

Tuesday - not publishing

Wednesday - publish at 4 EDT

Thursday - not publishing (only exception is today)

Friday - publishing at 4

Saturday - not publishing

Sundah - publishing at 4