A Super Cool 'n' Competent Hacker

A/N: As of 21st of June 2022 I have changed a few things in the previous chapters, to make them make sense in the long run.

China: is where the largest number of (known) hackers come from. This is due to a combination of a lot of endorsement of cyber security awareness and the fact that China has a really big population.

The woman who enters the cafe is about America's height, wearing a fashionable green coat and has a red flag with five yellow stars in the corner. She looks around and, catching sight of Germany, walks over to their table and sits down across from him.

"Ah, China," Germany says in greeting, "yeah, uh, this is America." America gives a smile and a "yo" as she removes her coat. China nods in return and makes an order with the waiter as they place a black coffee in front of Germany and America receives his bubble tea with gratitude.

"So, Germany," she starts as a cup of coffee is placed in front of her. She thanks the waiter, who leaves as she adds the packet of sugar to her drink. "About your request. You want me to -" China pauses, lowering her voice "to hack into someone's computer and steal information?"

"Yup," Germany says, as if he isn't casually asking the woman to do something that was definitely against the law.

"I don't do illegal hacking," China says, crossing her arms.

And America can empathize with that: he doesn't want to do anything illegal, and he especially doesn't want to get in trouble with Municipality. He just wants to turn the security footage in and get Canada back. This level of investigation should be left to the police - police who can get warrants and whose job it is to look into crime, not random people whose friends were in danger of going to prison.

"Can't any of your other friends do that?" China asks, taking Germany's untouched sugar and mixes it into her coffee. America glances at Germany. Why was she saying it like that?

China notices the look and narrows her eyes at Germany. "Don't tell me you've dragged him into whatever you're planning without him knowing..."

Germany holds up his hands "I'm not planning anything, it's his friend that's been arrested - I'm just helping out. And no, I don't know anyone else."

"I already said no," she says, adding another pack of sugar to her coffee.

America can see this is going nowhere, and however much he might not want to do this, there doesn't seem to be much choice. Besides, all they have to do is get the security footage and give it to the police. Then Canada would have to be released and they could forget about this whole thing. America makes up his mind, just one small not quite legal act and this whole thing would be over.

He doesn't know much about China, so he's not got much to work with, but America hadn't been a theater kid in highschool because he was bad at improv.

"Hang on, you're like a super cool 'n' competent hacker, right?" She looks at him, and he catches the slight twitch of the corner of her mouth as she nods, and continues, "So, if you did hack anyone, they wouldn't realize, right?"

"Hypothetically. But-"

America knows this is a risk: he doesn't know what will make China want to help, and he hasn't had time to figure it out. She doesn't know Canada, so she probably wouldn't want to risk getting into trouble over him; she doesn't seem to be short of money, so bribery is off the table(not that he had the money anyway); judging by her attitude, her organized clothes and strict posture she wasn't likely a thrill seeker and only one other point of leverage comes to America's mind.

"Unless you're not that good."

She narrows her eyes at him. There is a pause. America knows this is risky - but he refuses to show how nervous he is.