Story 2: MaAn ki pehli subah

Next day morning, Anuj's eyes started to flutter open, he was thirsty. He could feel the presence of another person next to him, he felt her hair on his right hand as well as he could smell her scent. He opened his eyes and much to his shock found Anupama next to him. He still wasn't able to process the fact that he and Anupama were married! He looked at her with love and affecting. How beautiful she looked while sleeping.

Anuj:

"Ankhe khul toh gaye hai,
Lekin sab ek sapna sa lagta hai,
Tu mere paas soi hai,
Bal bikre jaise aasmaan me kali ghata ho,
Tu toh ankho ko munde sooo rahi hai,
Par sanam yeh dil kehta hai ki bas ab yun hi tujhe dekhta jau, dekhta jau, dekhta jau."

Anuj caressed her hair. And swiftly got a little up without troubling his arm and kissed Anupama's forehead. He looked at her for a while before looking back and searching for water. He somehow managed to pour some water with one hand while maintaining the other hand stable beneath Anupama. He drank a little water and slept off.

That day morning before sunrise, Anupama got up and saw Anuj sleeping peacefully. She caressed his hair.

Anupama: Itne saalo tak jabhi mai sooti thi, able din subah bas kaam ka bauchar rehta tha mere sar pe..kabhi baccho ka kaam toh kabhi Mr. Shah ka kaam. Aur agar galti se bhi Mr. Shah ko neend me aise chu lu, toh gussa ho kar uth jaane the..aur aaj..aaj meri shaadi phir ho gayi hai, par iss baar..iss baar bohot alag hai sab kuch..aapko chune se toh aap mere haatho me simatne aa jaate hai! Anuj..mai aapse bohot bohot pyar karti hu..aap hamesha hamesha aise hi rehna! Mere pyare bholuram!

Anupama softly held onto his hands. She hesitated first, but then went for it as a matter of right, she kissed his forehead and caressed his hair. While Anupama was this close to Anuj, in his sleep, he held onto her and pulled her close. Anupama fell on him. She tried to free herself from his grip but all was vain. She slowly cane near his ear and whispered.

Anupama: Anuj.. jaane dijiye ne, mujhe abhi kaam hai!

Slowly Anuj left go of his grip on Anupama and Anupama stood up. She left to the bathroom and got ready. The first thing she did after that is the aarti of Tulsi maa. After that she went up to her room and started getting dressed for her day.

She wore a blue bandhni saree. She went to the dressing table of the room and applied her kajal, some lip balm, and then put on her bindi. She was almost over with the application of her sindoor when she saw Anuj getting a little irritated from the sunlight. She finished applying sindoor in her maang and came to Anuj. She stood there where the light was hitting his face. The moment she stopped the light Anuj had a happy face and started sleeping once again. Anupama played a little with Anuj and the light. But then finally Anuj woke up. Once again he found Anupama standing in front of him, her hair open, looming so fresh and beautiful.

Anuj: Anu...

Anupama: Su prabhat Anuj..good morning!

Anuj: Anu..

Anupama: Ho! Mai! Aapki Anu..aapki..patni

Anuj: Anu! Anupama! Good morning! Su prabhat! Anu!!

Anupama: Anuj! Aap theek toh hai ne?

Anuj was happy beyond explanation. He was scared thinking that everything that had happened with him was all just a dream but seeing Anupama with him once again in the morning confirmed it that it wasn't all a beautiful dream!