8. Hair clip...

Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months. Time was passing very fast. Everything seemed to be going well, but future events only contradicted this claim. The worst was yet to come.

Katie was just sitting in the Astronomical Tower, she loved going there. There was peace and quiet there, from so high, you could see a really beautiful landscape stretching far away. Girl was leaning her elbows on the railing. A cool breeze blew through her brown locks of hair. Teenager closed her eyes for a moment and then sighed heavily. After a few minutes, she heard someone coming upstairs to her. Gryff Girl turned in that direction and saw Zoe smiling at her.

"Hey..." Katie was the first to speak.

"Hi." The other replied. "As I thought I'd find you here." Said and walked over to her friend.

"You were looking for me?"

"I didn't see you going to any class today." She announced and looked at her companion.

"Ooh, I decided to take the time off." McAllister smiled. "Maybe tomorrow I'll come to a lesson if I feel like it." She added and the blonde laughed softly.

After a few longer moments, Zoe removed the little blue hair clip from her hair. It was decorated with flowers and leaves of the same colors. In some places there were small, shiny pebbles, also in blue colors.

The blonde looked sadly at hair clip. Katie knew how such a reaction was coming from. This is the last thing left of her parents. Her dad gave it to his spouse on her wedding day, and later her mom gave Zoe a hairpin as a gift. It was the same day the teenagers' parents died.

"You were right about Peter." The younger witch said after a while. "I feel really happy with him." Added with a faint smile.

"Just remember to invite me to your wedding." Katie interjected, which caused her companion to laugh.

"Of course. You'll be my bridesmaid." Said smiling. "Katie..." Blonde became a bit serious so McAllister looked at her. "Thank you for everything you've done for me." Added.

"You have nothing to thank for. Where do these sentiments suddenly come from?"

"Just like that..." Zoe said. "I have a request for you." She looked at her friend. "If anything happened to me..." Began sadly. "I want the hair clip to come to you. I want you to have it."

"Why do you say something would happen to you?" Katie straightened. "What do you mean by that?"

"Nothing, just such sentiments." Smiled faintly.

McAllister wanted to say something else, but she didn't have time, because Filch showed up and, for some unknown reason, chased the girls from the Astronomy Tower.

***

Another few days passed. This time Katie showed up to class. Some subjects were tested so they had to be passed.

A few hours later, they were all sitting in the Great Hall and eating their meals. All kinds of laughter and conversations spread all over the room. There was a fairly cheerful mood, and the owl post arrived later. The students started reading the letters or browsing the newspapers.

"Thanks, Hedwig." Katie stroked her snow-white owl and after a few moments the bird flew away.

McAllister got a letter from her grandmother. The woman wrote that she was fine and that she missed her granddaughter very much.

"A letter from grandma?" Padfoot glanced at the smiling friend.

"Yes." Girl replied to him. "She reminds me in advance to come home for Christmas." Added amused which caused a smile on Sirius' face.