Chapter 1

WARNINGS:

- Swearing
- Abuse
- Sex
- Violence

I will not put these warnings in the beginning of the chapters so this is your warning!!!

About Eliza:

Elizabeth, who goes by Eliza, has curly blonde hair and greenish/blue eyes, she's a year younger than her brother Billy, who's very protective of her

Billy had also protected her from their abusive father, especially after their mother left. But sometimes he wasn't able to save her. Billy grew cold and was starting to act like their father, especially after their father remarried and introduced a new step sister, Max

Billy didn't like her from the start but Eliza loved Max. He hated that they had to move away from Sunny California and to some shithole in Indiana.

It's these things that made them so different, No matter what abuse Eliza suffers, she still is kind and loves others. Billy became the opposite. Only showing his soft side sometimes.

Moving to Hawkins made this worse.

The beginning.

Eliza and Max helped Susan, Max's mother unpack in the kitchen, waiting for Neil and Billy to return home with dinner. Once they were done, Eliza carries a few boxes into her new room and rests her hands on her hips as she looks around.

She missed her old room, it had double doors that led onto the beach. Her room was painted a light blue and had all her favorite posters and Polaroids up. Now she had a fine room with boring white walls, she was thankful to have a mother figure in her life again....but she hated this new start.

"We got pizza." Billy pulls her out of her thoughts. "Hurry your ass up before he starts yelling."

Eliza follows him into the dining room and sits beside Max. She silently eats until her father addresses her. "Elizabeth, Billy is gonna take you and Maxine to school from now on."

"What about my car?" She instantly looks up.

"It's sold. I will save that money until you earn your rights to drive again." 

Eliza knew not to argue, she had been thirty minutes late and got her car taken away after arguing with him.

"I could Skate to school." Max suggests.

"No, your brother will make sure you get there safe. Right?"

"Yes sir." Billy rolls his eyes.

After dinner, her father ordered Eliza and Max to clean up and then spend time together unpacking while Billy left. Max sits on the floor and goes through some of her music as Eliza flips through a magazine. "I'm sorry we had to leave California." Eliza speaks up first.

"It's not your fault." Max had no idea how cruel Neil could be, she never saw him hit Eliza or Billy. She was glad Max never had to see or witness this.

"I won't let anything happen to you here...if you need anything you can come to me." 

"Thank you, Eliza." She smiles genuinely.

Eliza mostly meant that she would protect Max from Neil....she wouldn't let him hurt her too.

"I know Billy is difficult but....we've had a bad childhood. Hopefully he will come around soon."

Max sighs, "I hope so. I just don't understand why he hates me so much when he hasn't gotten to know me. He says moving here is my fault."

"Moving here isn't your fault at all...it's my fathers."

"And my mothers." Max nods.

"We just have to follow along because we are still kids." Eliza smiles. "Billy will come around....just give him time."

She hoped she was right...