Chapter 4

On Halloween, Eliza took Max to the local clothing store and let her pick out any costume she wanted. Max of course picked Michael Myers and a fake knife.

"Your dad said you are staying the night at a friends...." Max says as they check out.

"Well between you and me....I have a date to a party."

"I won't say anything." She smiles. "I'm gonna join the stalkers tonight. I plan on scaring them."

"Good idea."

Susan smiles as soon as the two get home. "What did you pick out?" Max holds the costume up, making Susan's smile fade. "Maxine..."

"Everyone loves Michael."

"She's right." Eliza nods.

"Max I want you home by eleven....Eliza here's some money to give your friend. Order a pizza or something," Neil hands his daughter ten dollars. "I'll see you in the morning." He pulls her in and hugs her. Eliza's eyes widen, locking eyes with Billy down the hall as he watches them. Their father then walks into the kitchen with Susan as Max goes to her room.

Billy watches Eliza silently as she goes into her room and starts packing a bag with her costume and her essentials. Steve was kind enough to offer her to stay at his place since his parents would be out of town.

"If you need anything-"

"I won't." She interrupts.

Billy doesn't say anything as he leaves and goes into his room. She packs a few more things and quickly leaves, meeting up with Steve a few blocks away. 

After a short drive he leads her upstairs and into his room. "Welcome to my room. My mom changed the guest room into her private gym....so you can stay here."

"Where will you be?"

"Couch." He nods.

She bites her lip and takes out her costume. "What if I wanted you to stay with me?"

Steve blushes, "I mean....If the lady is scared to be alone then I'll stay."

"I'm not scared." She throws her hair brush at him.

"You think Billy will be at the party?"

"No...I heard he'll be off hooking up with some girl in his car." She rolls her eyes. "Billy loves parties but he loves sex more."

"Smart man..."

"Ew, Steve." She makes him laugh.

"I'm joking." He sits down on the edge of his bed as she walks around his room. "So what do you think?"

"Not bad...needs some posters." She nods. "Can I use your bathroom to change and get ready?"

"Right across the hall....I might need your help with the hair." He bites his lip.

"The hair is perfect." She takes her bag and shuts the bathroom door behind her.

Eliza spent the next hour getting ready, applying makeup and doing Leia's hair. She puts the white dress and boots on and then walks out to see Steve was dressed.

He whistles and smiles at her, "Wow...you look great!"

"You too....ready to party?" She twirls.

"Definitely."

The two arrive holding hands, Steve waves at his friends and leads her over to get a drink. They then slide into the crowd and start dancing,

"Hey Steve!" A girl comes over with a boy who looked extremely shy behind her.