ahoy scoops

*
I quickly got ready and head to work after showering, brushing my teeth, and putting on my uniform, I didn't eat breakfast as i was already late.

when I reached, robin and steve were already at ahoy scoops, waiting for me.

"how do you guys get here so early? I had to run all the way here!" I said. I put my hands on my knees and was panting profusely.

"I could give you a ride every morning if you want." steve offered, yet again.

"wow harrington, being a gentleman I see, I wonder why you're so nice to astrid" robin said, sarcastically while smirking.

"maybe because shes nice to me" steve said, folding his arms.

I couldn't help but laugh while watching them argue. Just then, a kid came up to the counter and started chatting with harrington. He looked familiar but I couldn't recall who he was.

"hey, I'm dustin! one of mike's friends, I've been to your house multiple times" the kid called out to me. oh yeaaaa he was one of the kids that came to the wheeler's house to play with mike in the basement

"oh right, Steve, you know this kid?" I enquired, lifting one eyebrow up.
"not just this kid, he's friends with like every kid in the neighbourhood." robin replied before steve could.
i chuckled and went back to scooping ice cream after a customer came in

*

about 2 hours passed and it's finally time for our lunch break. we sat down at one of the tables in ahoy scoops and ate ice cream there.

Dustin, the kid, then whispered something into Steve's ear and Steve whispered back.
"what are you guys talking about?" I asked.
"Nothing!" Steve and Dustin said in unison.
"okay..." robin added.

Dustin and Steve's 's POV

"hey, do you like Astrid?" Dustin asked.
"what? No!" steve defended himself. "she's out of my league"
"ooooo so you do like her!"
"is it obvious..?"
"kind of?"
"can you help me ask her if she likes me?"
"fine"

Astrid's POV

"hey Astrid!" Dustin called out to me.
"yeah?" I replied
"uhm, do you like anyone?"
"yea. I do."
"ew, who?"
"nevermind! It's no one!"

Steve's POV

"so? does she like me?" Steve asked.
"she said she likes someone, but she didn't say who" Dustin replied

Astrid's POV

why did he suddenly ask me who I like? did Steve ask him..? It can't be. I don't even know if I like Steve, ugh.