001

APRIL 27TH, 2005 |TOKYO JUJUTSU HIGH SCHOOL

TOKYO, JAPAN

Satomi remembered feeling helpless in the battle between her responsibilities and the affliction over something so pathetically personal. She was nothing more but a mere bystander looking in, taking in the scene from a distance with a heavy heart and dry eyes, not daring to blink in fear she'll miss something vital to this enigma of a journey. But the answers to all of her questions still remained in the air. It'd be that way for a long time, she figured.

Young Satomi was admitted to the school; excessive restrictions applied, of course, it was the least that could've been done to corroborate the well-being of the students and faculty in the presence of a Furusato. In all honesty, the hatred that exuberated from both a great deal of the higher ups and her own family could've easily turned this decision around entirely. Not just to avoid the hassle, but because the pressure was so incredibly intense for the first couple of weeks that it resulted in the constant feeling of paranoia and exclusion, having being the only student singled out in such a negative manner. It was both humiliating and disheartening.

Pressure was nothing new to her. As a matter of fact, she'd grown accustomed to the concept and prepared for it in every aspect of her young life. Pressure tasted of a dull blade drenched in blood; it'd only cut if the holder wills the blade to do so. She, the wielder, can only control what's securely in her grasp, the knife, and either keep it clean or allow the blood, or pressure, to drench the precious blade. But that truth didn't derive from the test of her own will. No... this was experience. A stern reminder that she has and never will have full control over her life.

Pressure.

And it didn't help that her classmates possessed techniques that effortlessly outclassed her in every way possible. Reverse Cursed Technique user, Ieiri Shoko, Cursed Spirit Manipulation user, Geto Suguru, and lastly, the inheritor of both the Six Eyes and Limitless Technique, Gojo Satoru.

Gojo.

The boy infuriated her in a way she'd grown to be ashamed of. Jealousy, admiration, it was dangerous in somebody as desperate as Satomi. Deep down, underneath the multitude of layers shielding the fragments of her sense of self.

But she never displayed such childish emotions towards him; Not like it was his fault he'd been so incredibly blessed. And that pinch of admiration seemed to shine brighter than her darkest feelings towards the boy. She kept the negativity in remission for as long as she could, even distancing herself to prevent hostility but as a student here, attending missions, training, that was nearly impossible to do.

Even in her free time, that task proved to be difficult. They just simply would not allow it.