Introduction

Dior Goodjohn as Dylan O'Conner

Sixteen years old, Dylan O'Conner and her family have been going to her mom's best friend Susannah's beach house in Cousins every summer for as long as she could remember but this year only Dylan, her little brother Greyson and her mother Violet a...

Sixteen years old, Dylan O'Conner and her family have been going to her mom's best friend Susannah's beach house in Cousins every summer for as long as she could remember but this year only Dylan, her little brother Greyson and her mother Violet are going without her dad.

Coincidentally the same goes for the Conklins and the Fishers only the moms and kids were going to the beach house for the summer and not the dads and that's how she knew summer would be different because with it only being the kids and the moms that means no need to fit in the dads.

Dylan is from a military family so when it's summer and it's time to go to Cousins she couldn't wait to break away from the routine of being an army brat moving from place to place not knowing where she's going to be next when she went to Cousins all of that went away all she thought about was having fun and being in Cousin the one place that felt like home.

Dylan would say she fell in love with songs, books, and sunsets more often than people but the truth is she was in love with one of her best friends Jeremiah Fisher. Dylan has been in love with Jeremiah since she was thirteen so for the past three years she's been in love what she liked about him was the way he was so outgoing and friendly to everyone and as she moved from place to place you didn't see that in a lot of people and his looks helped a bit too.

But even though Dylan has a crush on Jeremiah, she was always closest to Belly being the only two girls and being around the same age they just got each other I mean sure Belly had Taylor, and Dylan had her best friend Adriana but during summer time when it was just them, they were inseparable.

Belly even told Dylan when she first got her crush on Conrad knowing Dylan would never tell anyone but Dylan never told anyone that she liked Jeremiah she liked to say "she keeps her secret in a box in her mind and only her brain has the key to it." So no one really knew about her crush other than her best friend Adriana but that's only because Dylan knew Adriana never really knew or saw Jeremiah as often as Belly did I mean it was many times Dylan was about to tell Belly but she never really knew what to say and so just didn't say anything.

Also Dylan always had a dream that distracted her from any romantic relationships her dream was to become a ballerina her parents thought it was a phase that most girls go through so they put her in classes but before they knew it she was performing for people on big stages and winning awards. Dylan knows that being a professional ballet dancer is a demanding career that requires exceptional coordination, agility, and many years of training and if that is what it takes that is what she attends to do since ballet is her passion and always will be her passion.

 Dylan knows that being a professional ballet dancer is a demanding career that requires exceptional coordination, agility, and many years of training and if that is what it takes that is what she attends to do since ballet is her passion and alwa...

TMI - I don't own the The Summer I Turned Pretty franchise, I only own my character Dylan O'Connor, her family and her storyline.

Author chat

Are you going to read the story?

Follow my TikTok @Aquarisewrites
576 words