Chapter 3

Zara's pov
I was awakened by the others that too me bringing in a wolf and they chained her up then walked out again  "um hey they got you too" I say and she looks at me "yea but I need to get back to my body!" She yelled "um what are you talking about?" I asked and she seemed surprised. She stood up "you can understand me?" She asked "yea, I've always been able to understand and talk to animals" I say and we talked some more getting to know each, her name is kay and turns out she's a wolfwalker. That's when the guy who took me came over "it's time to start with the testing" he says grabbing the chain around my neck and pulling into this laboratory then he tied me down to a table and walked away.

When he came back over he had a needle in his hand and i started crying as needles are one of my biggest fears "keep that away from me!" I yelled. I swear I saw him hesitate for a second before one of the other turtles came in and jabbed the needle into me making me pass out. I woke up to see I was once again in this cell type place chanied back to the wall and I see kay is still here "we have to get out of here" she says and I weakly stand up "I know I know but how are we meant to do that" I say. We both go quite trying to think a plan "come on we can't stay locked up here forever" kay says "if only I had my magic, we'd be out of here in a second" I say.

She looked at me "you have magic?" She asked "well yea but it's all contained in my mothers necklace that I keep hidden up, I was gonna wear it today but something told me not to" I say. That necklace would of really come in handy right now, late that day I see zephyr come running in "hurry there isn't much time" she says unlocking the chains "zeph what are you doing here?" I asked. We all started running "well when you didn't come home I got extremely worried so i went looking for you and found you bag and phone on the road, I got my brothers and sisters to create a distraction while I got you out" she says and after a few minutes we were out of there. We ran to where kay's body was and she jumped into it "okay let's go" she says and we ran the rest of the way home.

I don't know what it was but I felt heartbroken running away but i couldn't stay in a place like that "kay you are more then welcome to stay dear" zephyr's older sister Pranee says with a soft smile.