CHAPTER 16

CHAPTER 16: Tickle

SUNGJAE’S POV.

After ice cream with GongChan, Du Jun, Mir and Cheondoong, I walked Ji Eun home.

“Oppa… Mianhe…” Ji Eun whispered after a few minutes of silence.

I stopped in my tracks and grabbed her by the shoulders. “Ji Eun.” I said, “It’s okay. For the last time!”

She pouted, “Are you sure…?”

“Yes.”

“Mianhe.” She repeated.

This time I just stared at her, a smile playing on my lips. “I know how you can make it up if you’re sorry…”

“Jinjja? How!” she said excitedly.

“Well…” I stroked my invisible beard, teasing her a little.

“How, oppa?” Ji Eun jumped up and down, “Pali! Tell me!”

I started to grin, “You could… just maybe…”

“Pali!” she demanded, folding her arms and looking at me in a weird cute childish pout.

“Go on a date with me.” I finally said confidently.

“No.”

I stared at her, rejection washed over me. I frowned and looked away from her.

“Just kidding! I’d love to, SungJae oppa!” she bounded forward and wrapped her arms around me, trying to cheer me up. That was the first time she hugged me by her own free will since she woke up. I sighed happily, ‘I think things are going to be alright.’ I thought as I wrapped my arms around her and buried my face into her hair, inhaling her familiar scent – it hadn’t changed a bit.

“So, I’ll come by and get you at 6.30PM tomorrow night. Make sure you dress nicely.” I told her, as we reached her front door.

“Since when did I ever not dress nicely?” she poked her tongue out, “But okay. I’ll see you then.”

I stepped closer and opened my arms, initiating a hug. She smiled and put her arms around my neck.  Then I felt her tip toe and plant a small peck on my cheek. She pulled away and I saw her blush. She was the cutest thing on the whole planet. And I was sure of it.

“Bye SungJae oppa~” she called before shutting the door.

I couldn’t stop smiling as I made my way down to the lobby and out onto the street – an ahjumma kept looking at me funny when I fist pumped the air and yelled out in happiness. I basically skipped all the way back to the dorm.

“Yah, SungJae ah~ Why are you so happy?” HyunSik and ChangSub said in unison, coming over to prod me in the shoulder with their finger.

“I’m going on a date tomorrow!” I said proudly.

“Jinjja? With who?!” Ilhoon jumped onto my bed and EunKwang leaned against the door frame.

“Not telling yooou~” I teased.

“Oh, not going to let the cat out of the bag, hey? Guys… let’s get him.” HyunSik said, smirking as him and ChangSub held me down while EunKwang, Ilhoon and MinHyuk – who popped out of nowhere – tickled me like mad.

“PENIEL HYUNG! HELP ME!” I yelled, calling for my best friend, “PALI~ OTHERWISE I MIGHT DIE!”

Peniel walked into the room and tapped his nose, “I know who you’re going on a date with.” He poked his tongue out at me.