Chapter 12

The address Taehyung typed into google maps led him to a small, light beige house. The landscaping was done nice, a bit overgrown. There was a white picket fence surrounding the place and a gravel driveway on the left side, leading to a one car garage.

Jisoo parked her silver Honda Civic close to the garage door, and he parks his behind hers.

When she steps out of the car, Taehyung had to resist jumping on her bones right there. Thoughts about how he could just take her in the backseat of the car were flowing through his mind. But instead, he chose to bite his lips and step out of the sports car.

Her head turns to him and she gives him a small smile. Taehyung walks over to her and follows her up the cement porch steps.

"Gran should be leaving for work soon, but you're going to have to meet her". Jisoo said, looking towards the ground nervously.

"That's okay. I'd love to meet her". He says, running his knuckles across her right cheek.

That makes her grin, something Taehyung wants to see all the time. She opens the front door and he instantly smells the generic homey smell. Candles that are made of peppermint and cinnamon filled the air and apple pie in the oven gives off a sweet aroma.

"Gran? I'm home. I have a friend I'd like you to meet!" Jisoo's honeyed voice yelled.

"Coming dear!" A singsong voice answered.

Out of a double-door opening came out a short, gray-haired lady. She had aged well, her face had a few wrinkles and her arms little to no flab. Taehyung recognised her outfit as a waitress uniform.

"And who is this young man?" She asked, setting her hands on her hips.

"This is Kim Taehyung. Taehyung, this is Bora, my grandma." Jisoo said.

The young man instantly stuck his hand out to greet her. She shook it, with a brittle grasp.

"Have you taken your sugar pills yet?" Jisoo asked her grandmother.

Bora took a moment to answer " I think so, Jis"

Jisoo sighed and grabbed her hand.

"Let's go test your sugar level, yeah"

"Alright darling"

Jisoo pointed to the small and cozy living space and signalled that Taehyung could hang in there. He gave her a nod and smiled at the way she cares for her grandmother.

Scattered through the room was photos. Of Jisoo, and few others. One caught his eyes was hanging on the far wall. It was Jisoo, as a child with who he could guess is her mother. They almost looked identical. Looked.

Taehyung's hand grabbed his phone out of his pocket and snapped a picture of the hanging frame. Then a notification popped up.

Gran is taking a fever. What're u doing?

Looking at all ur pics in here. U look great in each one.

Omg stopppp it. I'll be out soon :)

Take your time babe ❤️

After he received no reply back, he shoved the device back into his back pocket and sat down on the worn couch. Although probably being pretty old, it was very comfortable.

About five minutes later, Jisoo and Bora emerged from the narrow hallway. Bora gave her granddaughter a hug and headed out, waving Taehyung goodbye.

"Jesus Christ," Jisoo let out a huff of air.

"Everything's okay?"

"Yeah, she's just forgetful. A lot. It's hard to keep up with her sometimes."

"I couldn't even imagine"

"It's okay. I'm good now. I've got of the day to spend with you"

Jisoo grinned at him, making his heart heart faster. He could listen to her angelic voice all day, everyday. He couldn't wait to spend the day with her. And get to know her even more. All of her.