𝟢𝟣

𝗌𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗍𝗂𝗋𝖾𝖽 '𝖼𝖺𝗎𝗌𝖾 𝗌𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝖻𝗋𝗈𝗎𝗀𝗁𝗍
𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗈 𝖺 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝗅𝖽 𝗐𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝖿𝖺𝗆𝗂𝗅𝗒 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗆𝖾𝗋𝖾𝗅𝗒 𝖻𝗅𝗈𝗈𝖽

𝗌𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗍𝗂𝗋𝖾𝖽 '𝖼𝖺𝗎𝗌𝖾 𝗌𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝖻𝗋𝗈𝗎𝗀𝗁𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗈 𝖺 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝗅𝖽 𝗐𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝖿𝖺𝗆𝗂𝗅𝗒 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗆𝖾𝗋𝖾𝗅𝗒 𝖻𝗅𝗈𝗈𝖽

Odette Edevane often thought of death.
But not in a macabre or any other way.
She simply reflected on the possibility that after it there was something just as dark and terrifying as what was alive.

That evening in June Odette was sitting astride to nowhere, on the highest roof of the small city where she spent the summer, thinking about death.
Not about hers, it is important to specify it, but about that of those who do not deserve it.

She thought about why fate reserved such a disappointing ending for people who had had such an admirable life.
She thought about her sister.

She looked down from the roof, dangerously approaching the edge.
If she had fallen from that height there would not have been much chance of survival.

She wondered if who definitively made that decision and threw himself away felt a minimum of resentment between the seconds that separated the fall from the crash.

Whoever doesn't believe in life after death probably does.
Because he's running away from the pain to end up in nothingness, end of the story.

She thought about if was worth it, to continue to suffer in that loop.
She was only eighteen years old.
But she had already had many experiences, as far as she was concerned.

She had sex, had a job, had been fired and had a house just for her.
She didn't want any children, so she had covered all the important stages of life.

She took a drag from the marlboro in her hand and looked down again.
Love hadn't found her yet.

"Hey."

A male voice made her startle.

She turned around, and saw a boy who will have been about her age heading towards her.

Prettier than average but nothing worth looking at for more than two seconds.

"You scared me." she said without looking at him, but felt his close presence, a sign that he had sat down.

"It wasn't my intention."

"Listen, if you want to throw yourself or something like that find another roof, I can't make motivational speeches and I don't want someone on my conscience."