𝟢𝟤

𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗂 𝗌𝗇𝗎𝖼𝗄 𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝗈𝗎𝗀𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗀𝖺𝗋𝖽𝖾𝗇 𝗀𝖺𝗍𝖾
𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒 𝗇𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗌𝗎𝗆𝗆𝖾𝗋 𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗍𝗈 𝗌𝖾𝖺𝗅 𝗆𝗒 𝖿𝖺𝗍𝖾

𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗂 𝗌𝗇𝗎𝖼𝗄 𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝗈𝗎𝗀𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗀𝖺𝗋𝖽𝖾𝗇 𝗀𝖺𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒 𝗇𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗌𝗎𝗆𝗆𝖾𝗋 𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗍𝗈 𝗌𝖾𝖺𝗅 𝗆𝗒 𝖿𝖺𝗍𝖾

Odette watched Conrad fiddle with his lighter as they walked down the dark, empty street given the late hour.

He looked embarrassed, as if he had lost all the confidence that he had previously acquired on the roof.

"So you are not talking any more?" she asked cheekily, thinking that by now he had already seen her worst side.

He seemed to startle.
As if he had forgotten that he had someone next
to him.

"No I was ... thinking." he stammered, lighting another cigarette.

Odette laughed at his embarrassment.
It was kinda sweet.

"May I ask where are we going or it's a secret?"

"Oh yeah sure, you know the Fourth of July bonfire they do every year? I have to go get my brother, if you want we can stay there for a drink."

She suddenly remembered it was the Fourth of July.
And how she had stood up to all her friends by saying she had a fever.

The truth was that she was afraid of feeling alone among everyone else.

A blinding fear.

"Who tells you I'm not a serial killer?" she asked amused, looking for a way to politely decline the invitation without sounding like a boring madwoman.

She watched him smile and throw some ash from the marlboro on the floor.

"You don't look like a serial killer. You look more like the latest victim in a horror movie."

Odette reflected on this answer.
He wasn't wrong.
If she had to think of her role in a horror film it would have been the love interest of the protagonist who dies to protect him in the end.

Probably.

She took the cigarette from his hands and took a puff, leaving him baffled for a second by her cheekiness.

"Well then you could be. You look like the mysterious one who at the end pulls out a knife."

"We could be accomplices then."