Chapter 1: The Encounter

(Third Person pov)

Living outside the walls was a struggle for Y/n.

Not only did she have to build her own shelter, find her own food, and constantly be on the lookout for Titans, but she also had to be careful of other humans.

Whenever scouts would come out into the forest she hid. Y/n would have to run away before they saw her in fear that she'd be caught and killed.

...

Time (1:45 PM)

(Y/n)
"Where did I put it..? "

Y/n frantically searched for the firewood she'd previously gathered.

(Y/n)
"How did I lose all of that wood in such little time... I'm so stupid."

Y/n sat on a log as she mourned the loss of the firewood which she'd worked so hard to gather.

(Y/n)
"I'll just be cold for tonight, it's not like I haven't before."

Y/n rested her head on the log.

Sure, living alone in the wilderness was a pain, but it kept her away from a greater pain:

Humans.

No...

Emotions.

Time (11:59 PM)

With stomping hooves, the horses stomped their way into the forest.

Mission : Kill remaining Titans in the area ; Find food

Not only were they going to make sure that no Titans remained hiding there, but since the forest hadn't been checked, it must have plenty of meat from animals who have fled there, right?

Time (2:52 AM)

The cadets were peacefully sleeping while their captain kept on watch.

Every hour they would switch shifts.

Carefully scanning the horizon, the captain spotted a suspicious light in the distance.

(Levi)
"Jaeger, wake up. You're on watch duty now."

Eren groaned as he slowly sat up.

(Eren)
"Got it."

Once Eren left from the tent the cadets were situated in, Levi immediately headed in the direction the light was seen.

Time (3:05)

Y/n was carefully sneaking through the forest.

She had previously spotted a squad running for the forest and wanted absolutely nothing to do with them.

(Y/n)
"We can do this Rocky! I've just gotta find a new place before sunrise..."

Y/n held Rocky tightly.

Rocky was her best friend.

It didn't matter that he was a rock, she loved him for who he was.

Little did Y/n know she was being stalled, like a predator stalks it's prey ; carefully, skillfully.

(Y/n)
"Rocky. I love you. My very best friend."

She held the rock close to her.

It's not weird.

Not at all.

Y/n suddenly saw movement coming from a nearby tree. The movement was fast and barely noticeable.

"Did they fine me? "  Y/n thought to herself.

She looked over to the tree which she'd seen movement go by.

"Is now a good time to run? "  She again thought to herself.

She lifted herself and glanced around.

"Definitely no one around here... Maybe they're hiding?" Thinking to herself, she  quickly bolted away, faster than she'd ever ran before.

(Y/n)
"If we get caught, we'll definitely be accused of being a traitor, rocky!"

(Y/n)
"AHHH!"

CHAPTER 1 : END

:)

Questions?

Suggestions?

Opinions?

Grammatical corrections? (Paragraph number please :))

Was it decent? 🤨

(WC: 528)