- 1

Droplets of rain fell against the window pane of the car. The gentle pitter patter helping the solitude of sleep wash over Heejin as she rested her head against the window.

Heejin had just moved to town.
Her family deciding to leave their quaint life in the country and move to the big city, courtesy of her fathers promotion.

Because of this, she knew no one. A fresh start in the bustling city of Seoul.

Which lead her to this exact moment- her head bouncing lightly against the window with each bump in the road.

Eyes fluttering open to take in the landscape of the sky scrapers lined along the roads beside her. A big difference compared to the tiny town she came from.

The lights from the buildings made the nights sky seem almost day time. They were bright and she had never seen so many people awake past 10pm.

Music blared through her AirPods as she watched the sky scrapers turn smaller and smaller until her father pulled into the driveway of their new house.

It was big, two storeys, large windows, green garden with a large tree out front. The company her father transferred to had set them up with this house, wanting to home their newest manager appropriately.

"Welcome to our new home," her father announced as they all got out of the car. Her mother and father heading straight to the boot to grab the first few boxes.

"Darling can you bring one of these inside," her mother asked as she walked past her and Heejin nodded, grabbing one of the boxes out of the back and following behind as her dad opened the door.

It was cold and the empty house left a chill creep up Heejins back. The only things inside were a few chairs, dining table and a few other boxes that had arrived a day earlier.

"Which room is mine?" Heejin turned around to her parents who motioned upstairs.
"Second door to the right."

Heejin turned on her feet and made her way to the stairs, making it half way before stopping when her mum called out to her.
"Did you want to order pizza for tonight?"
"Yeah sure," She called back.
"Pepperoni?"
"Sounds good," turning back and heading up the stairs, she pushed open the door to her room.

It was big. Two windows on the far left wall that looked out to the street, in front was her wardrobe, and besides the miscellaneous boxes scattering her room there was nothing else.

Peeking around the corner of her room Heejin yelled out, "hey dad when are the movers coming with my bed?"
"Tomorrow im pretty sure darling."

Great, guess i'll be sleeping on her floor tonight.

A sigh left her lips, and a heaviness fell on her heart as she let her back hit the wall behind her. Body scraping it's way down until she was sat on the floor.

Digging into her hoodie pocket and fishing out her phone, she clicked on the contact of the person she wanted to hear from most.

"Hey babe," their voice rang through the speaker and Heejins lips turned upwards at the sound.

"Hey."
"Did you just get to the house?" Her boyfriend spoke, the sound of him pausing his game making her heavy heart warm ever so slightly.
"Yeah."
"Why do you sound sad. Do you not like it?"
"No it's nice! It's just... big and it's really cold in here."
"Go put a jumper on then you weirdo," he laughed and Heejin gave him a short lived chuckle and a tight lip grin- even if he couldn't see it. "Has all the furniture arrived?"
"Dad said tomorrow. So I will be sleeping on the floor tonight"

"I'm sure it won't be too bad. Just think it's another one of our camping trips together. And don't worry. You know I'm gonna try and make it up as soon as possible. Maybe during the summer break I can come up and spend a week or two. Hopefully you'll have your bed by then"
"That sounds like a great idea! I'll go ask dad if-"
"Hey babe, I'm so sorry I have to cut this short. But mums calling me and I need to answer. I'll call you tomorrow, love you"
"O-oh okay, bye. Love you too-" the line fell flat indicating he had hung up before she had even finished.

Sighing, her head hit the wall behind her and she brought her knees to her chest. Hands pulling her knees in tight as she looked up to her ceiling.

Her old bedroom ceiling used to be decorated with glowing stars and moons and now all she was met with was the blank whiteness of fresh paint.

She had about a week left until she had to start school. Entering with only one term left of the year was a sentence to 12 weeks of solitary.

Knowing fair well no one would want to befriend the new girl with so little time left before the end of the year.

And not just any year, her final school year.

She was doomed for lack of a better word.

She hated it here already.

—————

Welcome everyone
Let's get this show on the road