5

"It's a must to enjoy warm pancakes with high-quality butter. Then, a sip of hot chocolate to go down with it."

Haseena continued on with the eating show.

She was savoring every bite of food in earnest. Taking her pretty face into account as well, her performance was way more entertaining and convincing than the other eating broadcast shows available.

Anubhav could not take any more of this.

"Meow." At the same time, Fudge leaped onto the dining table while wagging its tail.

Thinking the cat must be hungry, he walked over to the cupboard. He returned with a plate of cat food and placed it before Fudge.

Fudge sniffed it for a few seconds before turning its head away. It looked at Haseena with greedy eyes.

An awkward expression flashed across the man's face.

She suppressed the desire to laugh before feeding the cat a small piece of the cinnamon roll. The little cat devoured it within seconds.

"Good kitty."

She patted the cat on the head lovingly. 'You have much better taste than your owner,' she thought to herself.
Anubhav felt embarrassed. After the cat ate two more bites of the cinnamon roll, it went on to enjoy the churros. This put a frown on the man's forehead.

"You..."

Haseena seized the opportunity and shoved a piece of churros into his mouth.

A hint of anger flashed across his eyes. Just when he was about to spit it out, the crispy outside of the churros that were coated with cinnamon sugar melted on his tongue.

Instinctively, he began chewing on the dense dough. It was crispy on the outside but soft on the inside. It was delicious.

Surely, he had had churros before. The cooks from Singh household could make numerous kinds of food, but nothing tasted as good as this.

For some reason, the churros that she made brought out the creamy flavor of the milk without making it sickly.

"Is it nice?" Haseena asked, cupping her chin with both hands. She was confident in her cooking.

The light went out of his eyes when he noticed the smug smile on her face.

"It's just alright."

Then, he picked up another piece of churros and continued eating. The small bite from earlier was not enough for him to taste its full flavor properly.
She winked playfully. "Didn't you say it's just alright?"

"Surely you can't finish all these. I don't like wasting food," the man replied calmly.

She parted her lips to retaliate, but he interrupted with a frown, "Keep quiet during meal times."

"..."

Haseena gasped in astonishment as she had never seen anyone so shameless.

He had said coolly that he did not like having sweet foods for breakfast, but he was now devouring the churros, pancakes, and cinnamon rolls-the hot chocolate too.

He sure had the cheek!

Initially, Anubhav only wanted to have a little taste of the food, but everything that she made was exceptionally delicious. They were even better than the ones he tried in restaurants.

It was definitely out of his expectation that this woman could make such a scrumptious breakfast.

His impression of her changed a little. Coincidentally, she turned her face toward him and their eyes met. "Anu, what do you want to eat for dinner? I'll make it for you," she said gently.
"I have a dinner appointment tonight."

Then, he left to get changed in the bedroom without another word.

This did not annoy her. It was not unusual for the boss of a multinational business to be occupied with work.

However, it was still important to maintain a good relationship between them.

She cleaned up the table immediately and hurried off to get changed into work clothes too.

When Anubhav was about to leave the house, she quickly reappeared from her room with her purse.

"Anu, can you give me a lift? I'm heading off to work as well. If it's too much trouble, you can just drop me off at the subway station. Please."

He pursed his lips while thinking of refusing. However, he eventually nodded upon considering that he had enjoyed the breakfast she made today a lot.

The two of them took the elevator to the parking lot.

Haseena thought she would be getting into a Bentley or a Maybach, but when the man stopped by the side of a white Lexus...

"Um... Is this your car?"

"Yup."

He opened the door and sat down in the driver's seat.
Confused, she followed suit and entered the car. "Anu, why did you choose this car?"

This man was supposed to be the heir of a multinational business, yet he was driving a car that was worth only a little over 300,000 dollars?

"It's cheap and fuel-efficient," he simply replied while igniting the car.

"You do know the best way to live, my exceptional husband."

She turned her head aside to find a packet of cheap tissue on the dashboard. Its packaging read '### Gas Station-cheapest and easiest.'

"..."

Haseena was confused.

Did all successful bosses nowadays live frugally like this?

Could it be possible that she was not treated well by the Mallik because she had been spending lavishly instead of saving up like other successful bosses?

She fell into deep thought as she pondered over this.

Ten minutes later, the car came to a halt by the subway station. He turned to face her. "Off you go."

"..."

She was speechless.

She only said that out of politeness but he really did as told.

Well, well, well.
While suppressing the anger rising inside her, she forced a shy smile on her face. "Thanks, Anu."

The second she stepped out of the vehicle, the car sped away before she could say something else.

What an annoying and cruel man!

...

She only arrived at the company around 9:00 p.m.

Since returning from her studies abroad, she had been working at Summit Building Design Group. It was the Mallik family's biggest corporation.

However, as soon as she stepped foot into the building, the project manager, James Lennon, said to her in a strange voice, "You don't have to show up starting from today. This project doesn't belong to you anymore."

"What do you mean?"

James' eyes sparkled when he spotted someone behind her. "Rebecca, here you are."

Haseena snapped her head around and saw Rebecca approaching their direction wearing a low-cut knitted white top. On her right was Vivan who was wearing a shirt of the same color. Their arms were linked together.

The sunlight that streamed into the room through the window enveloped the two of them. They looked like a blissful couple in their matching outfits.
Haseena felt as if someone had punched her in the chest. The intense pain was suffocating, especially when Vivan's indifferent gaze swept past her without lingering for a second longer.

James hurried toward Rebecca. "HQ has given the order to hand this project over to Rebecca."

A shudder passed through Haseena before she turned to face the other woman.

"Hasi, don't get upset." Rebecca staggered backward as if she was utterly shocked. Fortunately, Vivan had his hand on the small of her back.

This scene only aggravated the situation.

"Rebecca, what more do you want? You've already stolen my man and now you're trying to snatch away the project that I spent so much time and effort on. Are you really that envious of everything I have?"

"How ridiculous! Since when was Young Master Sahay your man?" James scoffed. "You're quite something, aren't you? You've been pestering Young Master Sahay in the past, but he hasn't shown any interest in you at all. Besides, do you think you could've gotten the project if Young Master Sahay hadn't pulled some strings with the boss of the said company?"
"James, that's enough." Rebecca signaled the man.

"I insist. You're the fiancée of Young Master Sahay, so it's only right you take on the project."

"Do you think so too?" Haseena stared at Vivan who had been keeping quiet all this while.

As a matter of fact, Vivan did pull some strings to introduce her to Young Master Clark.

However, the two men were not particularly close either. It was Haseena who took the time to meet up with Young Master Clark throughout the entire month so that they could discuss the plans over and over again before finalizing the terms.

Vivan frowned slightly. "Young Master Clark did agree to meet you because of me."

James sneered, "Everyone knows this, but someone just insists on humiliating herself."

"I don't believe this. I'm going to Dad."

Haseena drove to the main company to look for Shehbaaz Mallik.

"Dad, why did you hand over the hotel project to Rebecca? You know that I've spent a lot of effort on this particular project."

Shehbaaz, who was in the middle of work, was displeased at the woman who had barged in out of the blue. "I'll assign another project to you. What about the Campbell villa project?"
"This small-scale project is more appropriate for Rebecca. She's inexperienced in this industry, so it's better if she starts from the bottom..."

Shehbaaz slammed his palm on the table. "She's your elder sister and you should show her some respect. No wonder your mom has been saying you're getting out of hand."

Haseena was startled. Her voice was full of grievances when she spoke next. "She stole my boyfriend and now she's stealing my project too. How can I possibly show my respect to that woman?"

"She didn't steal your project as every project belongs to Summit. I'm the president, and I can assign any project to anyone as per my wish. Besides, Vivan was never yours. He chose your elder sister."

Words escaped her lips before she could stop herself. "Vivan wouldn't have chosen Rebecca if you didn't transfer 80 percent of the company's shares to her."

"Your sister has suffered unthinkable pain throughout the years. Give her your assistance whenever you can. Also, apologize to her for what happened yesterday," the man said.
"I can't do that," she replied through gritted teeth.

Shehbaaz slammed on the table once more. "Leave if you can't do that, you ungrateful brat. You're nothing without Summit!"

His angry words slapped her across her face like a gust of brutal wind. Her cheeks reddened with mixed emotions.

"Fine, I'll leave. I don't believe a highly qualified designer like me with a first-class architect certification can't find a job somewhere else."

She returned to her own office after that. With a heart full of grievances and anger, she packed up her belongings into a cardboard box before heading to the entrance.

Numerous people murmured as she walked past.

"I heard she was fired by the president because she was mean toward First Young Lady!"

"How petty she must be to push aside her own sister. It's rumored that First Young Lady was abducted when she was young and it's only recently that they reunited. She must've suffered unimaginable pain during those years."

"Exactly! Besides, First Young Lady isn't only nice but easy-going too. She even bought us dinner for working overtime last night."
"This woman is getting what she deserves!"

Haseena forced out a self-deprecating smile.

Ever since joining the company, not once had she pulled rank. She always worked with much caution and conscientiousness.

She would be the last one to leave the office every day, working overtime and treating everyone else with respect at all times. It was unexpected that things would end up like this.

After leaving the company, she walked around the area alone without a specific destination in mind.

During that time, Vivan called her a few times but she refused to answer his calls.

She headed back to Jadeite Bay after buying some snacks and ingredients from the supermarket.

As soon as she stepped foot into the house, Fudge came forward to greet her while wagging its tail in the air.

She patted the cat on its head and murmured, "Fudge, you're the only one left that likes me now."

"Meow," the cat replied. It closed its eyes in satisfaction, giving the woman full permission to stroke it.

The corners of her lips twitched into a smile. "I bet you want some dried fish snacks, don't you? I'll get you some."
Anubhav was not home even in the afternoon. Both the woman and the cat enjoyed a simple lunch. Then, she threw herself onto the couch and began searching for work on her laptop.

10 p.m. at night, Anubhav returned to a brightly-lit living room.

Over on the couch, Haseena was in the middle of feeding Fudge a small piece of chip.

"Is this the kind of trash you feed my cat when I'm not home?"

His handsome features coldly scanned the table full of snacks. There were bags of chips, spicy fries, cheese, chocolate biscuits...

A tiny smear of chocolate was even found on Fudge's whiskers.

"I just fed Fudge a tiny bit. A real tiny bit." She gestured with her thumb and index finger, showing just how little it was. "Fudge keeps pestering me to give her some, so I had no choice but—"

"What does a cat know? Shouldn't an adult human like you know better?" Annoyed, he swept everything on the table into the trash can. "Don't eat trash like these in the house anymore. I don't like the smell."
Haseena looked at the snacks inside the trash can with a grimace. Oh God, she could not fathom how a person could actually be disgusted by the smell of snacks.

What a weirdo!

Nonetheless, reality forced her to twitch her lips into a flattering smile. "You're right, Anu. These are trash. I'll listen to you and stop eating them."

"Take a look at yourself in the mirror and see how pretentious you are."

The man could not be bothered. He picked the cat up and retreated to his bedroom.

"Anu, you had a long day. Are you hungry? Should I cook something for you? I make really delicious pasta."

She shamelessly followed after him in tiny steps.

He paused in his tracks. The food served in the restaurant he went to earlier for the business meeting was so spicy that he barely ate any. His stomach grumbled a little upon hearing her suggestion.

She seized the man's brief hesitation and offered right away, saying, "I'll make some pasta right now. Go on and have your shower."

He looked over his shoulder to throw her a quick glance. The soft orange light shining on her from the top made her appear lovelier and warmer than usual.
15 minutes later, Haseena showed up by the door of the master bedroom holding a bowl of pasta.

She knocked on the door, but there was no reply.

Left with no better choice, she opened the door slightly. "Anu, the food's ready."

There was no one in the room. A faint outline of the man's silhouette could be seen on the frosted glass of the shower.

Dazed by the sight, she could not help imagining how the man would look without clothes on.

Both her cheeks reddened at the creation of her imagination.

Ah, hold on, she should not be thinking about this.

Just when she was about to turn around and leave, the frosted glass door was pushed open.

Anubhav stepped out of it, undressed. However, there was a towel that was casually tied around his waist. His hair, still damp from the shower, sent droplets of water trickling down his chiseled jaw, all the way down to his chest.

Her gaze slowly moved downward, following the motion of the water droplets. She gasped.

It was anticipated that he had a nice build, but she did not expect his body to be this good.
He had the perfect wheatish skin tone, not to mention the toned muscles that made up his body. The man was not exaggeratedly muscular like a bodybuilder, but every part of his body was defined.

The fit body exuded a manly charm that only a matured man possessed. She lowered her gaze further and noticed his perfectly toned waist.

"Have you seen enough?"

The man's husky voice suddenly rang in her ears.

Haseena gathered herself instantly. She could feel the heat burning in her cheeks.

She pretty much grew up seeing Vivan's impeccable handsome face. How could she let herself be carried away after just looking at another man?

Useless.

"I... I'm here to deliver your food. Hurry up and eat it or the pasta is going to clump together soon."

She put the bowl away immediately. Just when she was leaving the room, she walked on the edge of the mat and tripped. She lost her balance and fell forward.

In the span of that few seconds, she thought she had grabbed hold of something but still fell face down to the ground nonetheless.
Fortunately, she landed on the mat, so it did not hurt too much.

When she opened her eyes again, the first thing that entered her sight was the man's long legs and...