Chapter 11- Oscar

The next morning I woke up before Kenji so I decided to wake him up.

I carefully climbed up the ladder to him.
"Kenji wake up!" I said while shaking him.

The president assistant said there was a play area, which was really just a gated off circle but I didn't care I still wanted to play in it with Kenji.

"Kenji!"
"What?" He groaned still half asleep.
"I want to play with you, so get up!"
"No! Leave me alone!"
"No I want to play I am bored!"
"Well I want to sleep I am tired!".

I glance over and see lots of other kids playing together which was a surprise because I thought I woke up really early.
I fully climbed onto him bed now shaking him repeatedly
"Wake up! Wake up, wake up!"
"Fine!" He shouted.
"About time!".

He sat up and rubbed his eyes
"Let's tell Ruth and Forest where we are going first"
"I doubt Ruth would be awake" I said "She might be.".

We crawled down from the bed and made our way over to Ruth and Forest. It had seemed Ruth had taken the bottom bunk because when we went over she was surprisingly up and making her bed.

"There you both are! You were asleep for ages!" She said.
"I would have still been in bed if she hadn't woke me!"
"What? I was bored"
"We are going to go play over there" explained Kenji pointing to the gated off area to play in.
"Wait, where is Forest?" I asked, I was still thinking of last night when he denied that he was upset and seemed angry with me and when I said goodnight he never said it back.

"He's asleep"
"oh.."

"well come on Willow let's go, don't tell me you woke me up for nothing!"
"No I didn't let's go!" I said not before running off.

"Willow seemed sad that you were 'asleep'." Ruth said to Forest.
"Yeah...whatever." Forest replied vaguely.
"You are going to have to explain why you're upset at some point I mean Willow already started to notice".
"I say she will forget about it"
"And if she doesn't?"
"I tell them why, or at least say it's nothing to do with them. Even if I did try explain to Willow why I am 'sad' she wouldn't understand." .
"I'm sure she would, it's not that hard to wrap her head around."

Meanwhile the gated area aka play area was full of kids running around. Kenji started to look around to see what we could do, but a boy sitting on his own caught my eye, he had brown hair and was wearing black sunglasses .
I found it funny that he was wearing sunglasses when we were inside with no sun.

"What should we play?" Asked Kenji still facing the opposite direction, but just as he said that the boy I had been watching took off his glasses and I was shocked, his eyes were completely white except for the tiny black dot's which were his pupils.

I started to thug on Kenji arm still in shock of what I just saw.

"What Willow?" He asked.
I burst into tears, "I seen a demon!" I cried
"A what?"
"A demon, a really scary one!"
"There is no demons!"
"No look!" I pointed at the boy.
"Oh my god!" Sighed Kenji.

Why was he so calm about this?
"Willow that boy was probably born like that. That's why his eyes are like that"
"I'm confused!" I said now wiping my tears

"something happened to him or maybe he was just born like that but whatever happened but he is not a demon ."
"Oh, well I will just ask him why his eyes are like that"
"No you can't just ask people that!" Started Kenji but I had already ran up to him with Kenji not far behind.

"How come your- ?" I started but I was cut off by the boy.
"I am not a demon" he said in a calm sensible manner.

I was speechless how did he hear me, I mean we weren't that far from him but it's not like I shouted it.
When Kenji finally arrived he could tell I was shocked and scared .