Accidentally locked up together - Part 4

"Fine, I'll try!", she proclaimed through the closed door, then mumbled, "thank you for the shirt. It's still going to be, well....awkward!"

He had sat down at the old, wooden chair, which he had placed next to the door, so she didn't have to wait for him to help her back to the sofa, once she was finished and responded rather quietly:

"Yeah, a little. Especially when we're forced to be so close. And please don't try to understand me wrong on purpose now, I am not trying to insult you, I just..."

"I won't!", she whispered through the slowly opening door. She was holding on to the toilet seat and the sink though she wasn't so sure, if she could trust the old ceramic basin. His shirt reached almost down to her knees, she had rolled up the sleeves as they of course were too long as well and the two buttons on top were left open, so it would be more comfortable to sleep in it.

Gabriel gulped, then jumped to his feet, quickly catching her around the waist, just as her legs gave in. She fell against his chest and let out a short scream, afraid, she would fall.

"It's alright, dear, I got you!", he whispered and lifted her into his arms to carry her the few steps to the sofa and lay her down. "Front or back?", he asked and she shrugged.

"Your choice!", the flustered woman hummed, "I can't get up on my own anyway! And the bloody charger is inside of my luggage too!"

"Back it is then!", he cooed and picked her up again, to bring her a little further on the small bed.

"I could have done that on my own, you should think about your back, Gabriel. I am too heavy for that!", she scolded him.

The man just laughed shortly and turned around, walking back into the bathroom to get her towel and a glass with water.

"For your hair!", he explained to her questioning look, "and something to drink for the night. There's just one glass though, I wouldn't mind to share it, but if you do, you can drink first and then..."

She interrupted him by placing a hand on his arm, croaking hoarsely:

"I don't mind either, thank you, Gabriel!"

He nodded and took a large gulp, then placed it behind her on a wooden board, that was attached to the wall behind the sofa. Then he watched her, trying to get her hair into the towel until he began to laugh.

"Nathalie!", he chuckled, "let me help you please, before you strangle yourself with either the towel or your own hair!"

She froze when he really felt grabbed the frottee and she then felt his strong arms help her sit up. Lifting up her hair to place the towel underneath, he took a deep breath and smiled.

"Strange!", he mumbled, while wrapping her hair into a turban, "though we've used the same shampoo, it smells different on you! There's this special note, the scent is lacking on my head. Too bad!"

She could just stare at him, saying something like that about her.

"Nathalie? Are you alright? Did I do something wrong?", he got worried, when she still didn't react and placed a hand on her cheek.

That pulled her out of her trance and she flinched and had almost slapped his hand, when she realized, he was looking scared.

"Sorry, I kinda zoned out. Why would you....never mind, let's just sleep, yeah?"

Gabriel agreed, but couldn't help to wonder, what she had been thinking about.

"Gabriel, why won't you lay down?", she asked him a moment later.

"I am waiting until you got comfortable!", he explained with a caring smile.

"Oh, uhm, that's nice, but, I don't think that will work before you've claimed your space too. So please, I can feel you shaking from the cold, get under the darn blanket with me and try to get at least a few hours of sleep!", she ranted, making him grin.

"Yes Ma'am!", he obeyed and she quirked an eyebrow to that.

"Really?", she asked, not being used to see his playful side anymore.

But he only grinned back at her and reached behind him to turn of the bedside lamp. He tried to keep a little space in between them, to respect her privacy, but like that, one of them would always be only halfway covered and after some pulling and squirming, Nathalie exclaimed annoyedly:

"Damn it Gabriel, this isn't going to work. You need to come closer. This blanket is too small to leave any room in between us. I am sorry, if it's bothering you, but it's the only way, we can go to sleep eventually without freezing our arse off!"

He sighed when he told her:

"It's not bothering me at all, I was just trying to be a gentleman and give you some privacy!"

"I...you...just I can't.... just please, I need some sleep okay?"

Gabriel felt guilty again and instantaneously closed the gap between them. She sighed contently, when she felt his warmth on her back and told him:

"I have to admit, your body heat feels incredibly good. Thank you for keeping me warm, Gabriel!"

He blushed deeply and was very glad, it was so dark inside the little cabin.

"At your service!", he gushed out huskily, yet he was still fidgeting, trying to find a place for his arm.

"What is it now, Gabriel?", Nathalie asked in an annoyed tone.

He inhaled deeply, to then make a bold move and lay his arm around her waist, placing his hand on her stomach, asking timidly:

"Do you mind? I just can't figure out where to...!"

"I don't, if you finally stop squirming around!", she hissed and he sighed in relief.

"Thank you!"

They lied there for a while, the designer already drifting off to sleep, when the woman suddenly exclaimed agitatedly:

"Gabriel, can you please stop breathing against my neck?"

He winced and pulled his head back.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to bother you, I am sorry, I didn't even notice. I will try not to, if you don't like it! I really am sorry!", he blurted out and tried to bent his head to his neck, then tried to turn it further to the left, then to the right, then sighed.

"Can we maybe just place the towel over your neck? I have no idea, how to not breathe onto it and make you hate me even more!"

She turned a little towards him, before she spoke.

"What? Why should I...I don't hate you at all, Gabriel. I am angry and I am hurt, but I don't hate you. I....I could never....I.... And it wasn't bothering me the way you thought, it.....just....just .... don't, okay?"

Nathalie quickly turned back to her side and bent her upper body a little forward, so his hot breath on her skin wouldn't make her feel the way it did even stronger.

Gabriel felt thunderstruck. He had thought he had annoyed her with his breathing, never would he have even thought....

"Never Gabriel?", he questioned himself in his thoughts.

He closed his eyes forcefully, while he kept holding Nathalie's now rather tense figure in his embrace. Laying his forehead against her shoulder he asked softly:

"Is this better? Maybe you can get comfortable again, if I did stay like this?"

She nodded and leaned back into him again. He couldn't deny, that he liked it a lot, if she did!