Met at the Gala {pt. 2}

I sat alone at the coffee shop that Fletcher told us to meet at. Drew said that he'll come later than he said he would and/or he might not come at all. He said there was an emergency at home with Lila drinking nail polish. I didn't ask more questions because I know how that pup can be one load of a handful.

I quietly sipped my third cup of coffee while Lana del Rey's Lust for Life album played for the second time in my airpods. We were set to meet at 4 PM sharp yet now it was 4:34 PM, good thing I'm a patient person. And an optimist, or this looks like I'd been stood up.

Finding a celebrity-friendly place in LA is like finding a needle in a haystack. I mean there are a lot, but I get mobbed in almost every one of them. By 'celebrity-friendly' I mean a place where I don't need a body guard on me. Those are rare, yet Fletcher saved me another hunt. Plus, they make great coffee.

Ten minutes later, I get bored and finish the album and got bored with my coffee. I gather my shit in my bag. My outfit was classy yet casual. A pair of flare navy blue jeans, an over-sized black Nirvana shirt, and a black corset over it. My hair in a messy up do and my makeup is only mascara, eyeliner, and light pink lip gloss. I love to look good in every situation, and I'm not alone on this one.

I'm a tad annoyed that I got stood up by Loser Double L and one of his minions but more relieved that I don't have to see his face for a while.

As on cue, I bumped in a large frame, spilling the remains of my coffee and my phone flew on the floor. God, I hate falling in public because now all eyes are on me. My eyes fly to meet the eyes of the person who I bumped in.

"Motherfucker," I hissed under my breath as the ice blue eyes flew right into my soul. I gathered myself and my phone, without meeting his eyes again. Then Logan Shit-head Lloyd offered me a hand to help me stand up? As though I'd ever trust a gentlemanly gesture from him.

"Nice to meet you again, too, Violet." He said as I pushed myself away from him and went to reach for some napkins, but the bastard beat me to it as he handed me wet and dry napkins. "I apologize if I didn't do achieve the best impression, and for the lateness. I had to attend a last minute birthday party of a kid's friend and couldn't skip it. And Alex told me our time was for 4:30 then changed it last minute."

Okay...? I don't like people apologizing to me really because I feel like I target the person to a moment of loss of self-dignity. I get that them knowing that they're wrong is important but apologies make me uncomfortable. I just nodded without looking him in the eyes. I went to the bathrooms and just as I reached for the knob, a large hand held me by my wrist and my head spun so quickly I swear it cracked.

"Do you need something?" I said coldly to the man in front of me. I was already in a bad mood, with high levels of caffeine in my system and zero to no sleep. I didn't spare Logan the 'I'm Always Happy and Cheeky' face because he already doesn't deserve it. I don't owe him the luster of copper so as my presence. I'm not cocky or arrogant normally but Lloyd is an exception.

"Look, I know you probably won't believe and hate me, I want to check if you're alright." He said oh so gently, I'm supposed to believe that the same guy who called me a bratty, talentless and practically a whore, is genuinely worried of my well-being? Yeah, no, I'm not that naïve.

"You're right on the hating you part, Lloyd. And my state is none of your concern. If you cared so damn much then you would've spared me the visit. God knows that the day I ever want to see your face again is to see your career falling apart just like how you stole the career of a lifetime from me." Okay, that was a bit harsh but he deserved it.

"Sheesh, Vie, that was years ago. But I'm aware that I deserve it. You have to know that I'm not the same person." He tried to reason but a laugh erupted my throat.