𝟢𝟢𝟢 - 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖨𝗇𝗍𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇

𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐒, 𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄

𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐒, 𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄. The sun was always shining bright, high in the sky, the potent yet refreshing smell of the salt water rushing through your nose at all times. The chirping of seagulls that were soaring in the air which provided the perfect breeze.

  Alison Grant loved the small town. Though some of the people were rather stuck up and full of themselves, the place is what mattered the most. She was content with the life she had, for the most part. She had great, supportive parents, a little brother who never bothered her too much, and amazing friends.

She had more privileges than most, she knew that. She could spend money on whatever she wanted, lived right on the beach for three months (plus a week during the spring), and had a full ride to college. Speaking of just that, college. It was her last summer in Cousins before leaving for school. She couldn't bear leaving the people she loved behind, so she settled with going to the closest college in Boston, following in the footsteps of both her parents.

She wasn't the only one leaving home for school. Conrad Fisher, Alison's best friend since they were just six years old was going with her, although had very recently dropped the football scholarship he had received. Alison and Conrad were joint by the hip. They were like that ever since the very first class they had together, and got even closer when they're parents became friends. Her family then began to drive down to Cousins with them every summer, the Conklin family joining a few days later. Though, after discovering that Susannah's cancer had come back together a month prior, the two had become closer than ever before, if that was even possible as they searched for comfort in each other.

  But something in Alison's gut told her that for some reason, this summer would change everything.

  And boy, was she excited.