Prologue

Reincarnation is a concept that Narumi  didn't give so much thought to in her  life until now .

"Death" is one  of the many mysteries puzzling humans since the beginning. It's something that terrifies us, yet we being humans, couldn't stop but get curious about it.

What is after death? Is it really the end or just another beginning? What if dying just means waking up? What if this life is just a long dream? Do humans really only live once? Is reincarnation real?..

We can't help but ask ourselves these questions which will forever remain as an unsolved puzzle.

Unfortunately or fortunately for her , I think…she has found the answer. But at what cost? Losing everything.. including her "current" or should I say last "life" in the process .

It was an important day for her , she was one step away from starting her dream job. It's only been a month since she graduated from the  medical academy  , but she didn't expect that death would come knocking on her door. It never occurred to her that her life would end just like that .

Her death wasn't herotic in any aspect , after all she died falling down the stairs after she slipped down thanks to her little nephew's toy oh the embarassmet , it was her fault in the first place how can she blame her little sweet nephew as she was the one who overslept and didn't woke up from the tenth alarms that she put her phone on , and she clearly remember her dear mom telling her to arrange the toys ,but her being her didn't and now she is paying the price as she fell and broke her neck , an instant death.

She was certain that she was dead , her life flashed before her eyes. It seemed like the theory was right that after the heart stops still  a part of the mind still functions showing us our memories from the beginning of our life till the moment of our death.

Narumi was sure she was dead , so why was she conscious and could think?

She felt  like she was  floating midair. Everything is dark around here. Is this how it feels like to die? It's not that bad, except that it's a little scary being inside a dark place where you can't even see your own body.
' do I even have a body in this place? I mean maybe I'm a shapeless soul 'she thought .

She always heard and believed that when people die, they get judged based on their actions when they were alive and they either enter hell where their soul will suffer or heaven where they rest and find a bliss .

' maybe I was left in this dark just so I can think about my behavior when I was alive. Was I a good daughter? A good sibling? Did I take care enough of my younger brothers and sisters? Are they sad about me now? Will my parents be okay? Can Aken handle being the eldest one now? What if he can't handle it? I should have moved when I saw that truck, I shouldn't have stayed still. Am I really dead though? What if I survived and that I'm in coma? What if... '

She kept thinking and thinking. They might have been right when they said humans can go crazy when they stay in a dark place for too long. She kept thinking about her family , her mother are they grifing over her death .

It was frustrating. All she could do was to  think.
She didn't know how long she was kept in that dark void , hours, weeks, months?

She hoped that her family wouldn't be too sad and move on soon. She wished that her nephew wouldn't blame himself and that her mom wouldn't be so heartbroken.. she already started missing them but she will never see them again

The frustration that she  felt of the unfairness after not being able to presume her carrier  faded as the time passed

She suddenly started feeling herself falling through the infinite darkness
She panicked because she couldn't stop her body and just kept falling
What was happening? Is she dying for the second time without even doing anything!?
Then she stopped falling and started feeling her body like it was getting squeezed in a hole and something pushing her .

She didn't resist. It's not like she could do that even if she wanted but still.
She felt big hands hold her.
It didn't make any sense. she was sure her body was big enough to not be able to lift her up that easily, right?
Most importantly.. she felt cold..? She "felt"?
Dead aren't supposed to feel , as this sounds illogical did she perhaps return back to the land of living?
Our main character kept thinking about possibilities to clear what was happening to her.
What she didn't know, was that her small body couldn't handle all of that complicated thoughts so she was crying.

' just what is happening!? '

perhaps…a reincarnation..?