Prolouge

It's not something Koman remembers being an infant. But what he does recall is his mother introducing him to the newly born prince of the pride before abandoning him to survive on his own. That's where he met his best friend so it was a win win situation.

The little fluff ball's name was Kion, he was born a couple days before him which made Koman the youngest cub in the pride, he was like the runt of the litter which made him very tiny.

Koman was hated by all in the pride they felt he was unfit to be a lion because of his size they each despised him for their own personal reasons but mostly because the pride thought he looked to much like Scar assuming that was his birth father and it didn't help much that his mother was a rogue lioness everyone pretty much hated him except the royal family.

They in fact basically adopted him into their family while other lions and lioness seemed to despise him even more because of that since everyone wanted to please King Simba and Queen Nala.

Koman was a copy of his father even if he never knew him sporting brown fur all around even his top mane, the only looks he had from his mother was her beautiful emerald eyes and, of course, some baby spots covering his small body.

So you could guess why the pride thought he belonged to Scar the evilest lion to ever walk the Savannah.

But nevertheless Koman never let this effect his mood, he was still a very happy lion for his age even if he did get bullied...a lot.

He just took it in stride always trying to make new friends, but most thought of his kindness as weak not knowing that he could still fight and defend himself if needed. The little cub could be very defensive if you tried to mess with anyone in his adoptive family.

Especially Kion, the two troublemakers were like brothers to each other you never see one without the other both being best friends since before they even took their first steps or even opened their eyes.

They got in all sorts of trouble together causing havoc in the Pride Lands wherever they went, things only got worse when they met Bunga.

Bunga he sure was a stinky little honey badger but he was Koman and Kion's best friend the trio were unstoppable nothing could stand in the way of them since Bunga was never afraid of anything.

Koman was the one who would usually get them out of certain situations whenever they got into real trouble (usually Bunga).

But there weren't any real problems in the Pride Lands except maybe hyenas from time to time not respecting the Circle of Life and Jata.

Koman's main bully, everyone disliked him but Jata just seemed to have a vendetta against him from the start. Jata always blaming him for stuff he didn't cause or just random insults whenever he walked by.

None of his family knew about it except maybe Kiara since she caught them fighting once and confronted him afterwards but Koman brushed her off saying how they were just playing.

Cause that's what friends do right? They play together.

But Jata wasn't his friend

Kiara being herself obviously didn't believe him but didn't push it either knowing it was a sensitive topic since he didn't want to talk, instead she playfully headbutted him and just cuddled with her little brother. It was the lion way if you didn't talk it out you cuddle.

It was a nice bonding moment between the two. Which was very rare since Koman was always spending time with Kion and Bunga, while Kiara was always with her two best friends Tifu and Zuri.

Every Lion in the Pride Lands had a crush on either Zuri or Tifu but mainly Zuri. She was born beautiful and she knew it and she used it to her advantage to get whatever she wanted Jamani (heck) her name even meant beautiful.

Everyone had a crush on them everyone except Koman and of course Kion because those were his sisters best friends but mainly Koman.

He actually never liked Zuri to begin with since she was mean to everyone and only cared about her appearance, but he kept quiet because his sister was happy and that's all he wanted.

What he didn't know was Zuri being hopelessly in love with him, while Tifu hated him like everyone else because every time he came by he would take her best friend away from her.

And for that she hated him.

So you could see why it was a shock for Nala to find them like that at the edge of pride rock cuddled up together in sleep, She felt proud that even though Koman wasn't their real cub that her kids went through the effort to befriend him and treat him as an equal.

Koman was her cub her son and no one could tell her otherwise. It would be the biggest mistake in all of the Pride Lands if anyone did.

But she was also proud of Kiara seeing how she was acting made her think how she would be an amazing future Queen someday, checking up on her royal subjects making sure all is well she was just like her father in that way.

Let's just say the royal family was very protective of Koman. He was always the sweet yet fierce one in the family his own name meant understanding one in Swahili because that's just what he was.

Understanding.

Everyone saw and knew it, everyone except Koman himself to him he was just Koman.

He wasn't a King like Simba.

He wasn't a Queen like Nala.

He wasn't a Princess like Kiara.

He wasn't a Prince like Kion.

So what was he? He didn't want to just be Koman in the great Circle of Life, he felt like he had a purpose in life a role he just didn't know what yet. What if all he was destined to do was fail?

His mother and father both abandoned him. Was that a sign from the great spirits? That he was destined to fail at life.

Whatever it was Koman knew that he would be the best lion he could be for his family.

The Pride Lands.

The Circle Of Life.

This is the story of the famous protector of the lion guard, Koman. All the adventures him and his friends go on to protect the Pride Lands.

Will Koman be safe? Will he be able to survive the havoc that goes on in the Pride Lands? Read to find out.