01 | the beginning

chapter one  :  the beginningseason one    ,     episode one

season one    ,     episode one

"WHY ARE YOU taking a piece of fabric with you?" Violet Lee questioned, an eyebrow quirked in confusion. Her sister wasn't exactly known for her crafting skills.

Genevieve furrowed her eyebrows and took a glance down at said fabric in her hands, "It's a dress." She lifted it up, holding it by the straps so Violet could see it better.

"That is not a dress," Violet replied, sitting down on the bed next her while shaking her head.

Genevieve rolled her eyes, folding the dress somewhat neatly to put in her suitcase. So far, she was about halfway with the packing. All that was needed was her 'party' wear, her 'staying-in-for-the-night' wear, her toothbrush, and her toothpaste.

Plus her phone, charger, and earbuds.

"Anyways," Genevieve sighed, "are you finally going to join the rest of us in going out this year?" She set her hands on her hips and looked right at the girl laying on her bed.

"Hell no," Violet shook her head.

Genevieve tipped her weight onto the other foot, her tongue sliding across her teeth in an irritated way. "Vi, you need to get out more. Or else once college rolls around, you'll be stuck in your dorm with no friends."

"I'm fine with that," she responded with a shrug, to which Genevieve sighed again. "What? People suck, books don't."

That elicited a third sigh from her sister.

"But enough about me, how are you doing with the whole... situation?" Violet expertly - or not-so expertly - switched the subject, trying to be as delicate as she could be.

Not that it was any use considering her sister was the complete opposite of delicate.

"Situation as in Hunter cheating on me with my now ex best friend the whole time we were together?" Genevieve gazed up from where she was folding clothes lazily as Violet winced. "I couldn't be better."

"That's totally not a lie," Violet said with the same sarcasm dripping from her voice.

Genevieve shook her head, "No really, I'm fine." She went back to piling her clothes in the suitcase. "This summer, I'm entering a hoe phase." She smiled, patting her clothing down. Was it the best plan in the world for coping?

No.

But did she care?

Also no.

Violet hummed, rolling on the bed to her stomach. "Maybe the first guy you meet and hook up with turns out to be the love of your life," she said, daydream laced in her voice. Her head was propped on her hands while her eyes had a faraway haze to them.

Genevieve blinked, pointing her index finger at her. "See? This is why you need put your books down and touch some grass."

"Weed? You want me to touch weed?"

"Jesus," Genevieve pushed her head back exasperatedly. Sometimes her sister was the smartest person she knew, but other times... well she had her moments.

Violet scrunched her eyebrows together before letting it go once she got an idea. She switched to sit right side up, inching towards Genevieve. "Or maybe you could adjust your summer plans. Like, I don't know," she shrugged, "maybe admitting your feelings to a certain boy and start something there?"

She plucked at the loose threads of a blanket as Genevieve turned around, utterly confused. "Who are you talking about?" And then it hit her as soon as she spoke. "Oh. No. No way. Not happening. Ever."

"Um, yes," Violet stood up. "Yes way. Yes happening. Soon."

"Ohhh 'kay, that's enough bonding for today," Genevieve grabbed Violet's shoulders, spinning her around to push her from behind. "Go away. Shoo pest." Violet tried resisting against the force, but as much as she hated to admit it, Gen was stronger.

It took a couple moments for Violet to be fully out the door before Genevieve closed it on her. She pressed her back against the plastic wood, taking a deep breath in and out.

Today - or ever - was not a good day to speak of feelings. Especially if those feelings are towards a boy.

They were complicated and annoying and Genevieve didn't need that in her life.

Hence, avoidance.

---

a short little beginning chapter <3
next will be when they all meet up