Vacations are Fun.

The sun was shining down on the old campus building. And what were we doing on this beautiful day? We were looking for bugs.

Yeah, I'm not proud of it either.

"Whoa, just look at 'em all!" Sugino exclaimed.

"Ah, summer vacation—and the freedom of being out of school!" Nagisa said ironically, sighing. "Or so you'd think." He looked at Sugino pointedly as the boy carefully picked up one of the beetles. "Why are we here at school?"

Sugino smiled sheepishly. "Well...I don't want everyone to see me out catching bugs at my age."

"And because of that, you let ME find out?" I asked, jokingly. "I'm totally gonna make fun of you for this,"

"Yeah but you're nice about it," Sugino replied and I shrugged.

That's debatable.

"Why did you make me come with you?" Itona asked.

"Because you need to make friends," I muttered.

He held up the bug. "I'm a city boy—I've always wanted to do this. And Karma happened to point me to a tree with some good bugs on it."

"Hold on? You told Karma!? That's worse than telling me!" I shouted in shock.

He turned around where Hiroto was leaning against a tree. "I didn't expect you to come, Maehara. Never pegged you as an insect fan."

Maehara smiled and turned around."Our next assassination be at that island resort, right?" He smirked. "Wouldn't you say we're missing a little something?"

"Like what?" Sugino replied.

"MONEY!" Hiroto's eyes shone with Yen signs.

"You need buying power if you're gonna snag yourself a swimsuit babe!" He looked down at the bug.

"That's gross dude," I muttered.

"You only say that because you already have one!" Maehara shouted.

A few seconds later he was in a headlock, begging to be let go.

"I think he's forgotten what this trip's all about," Sugino said.

Nagisa smiled sheepishly. "Yeah, not exactly a fifteen-year-old's vacation plans."

"That won't work," Kurahashi said from where she was perched in the tree.

I looked up at her and let Maehara go, he scampered away and hid behind Sugino.

Maehara looked up at her. "Huh?"

Hinano smiled. "Giant stag beetles? Those are old news."

"Kurahashi?" Hiroto replied.

"Morning!" Her smile brightened. "You're all here to scrape up some spending money too, huh?"

Sugino and Nagisa wandered over. "Hey, what do you mean stag beetles are old news?" Sugino asked.

"Well..." Kurahashi climbed down the tree. "I guess they were super pricey right around when we were born. But today's artificial breeding has saturated the market, bringing their prices way down."

"The Great Stag Beetle Crash!" Maehara looked horrified, while Kurahashi smiled. "I thought one beetle would about pay for one babe."

"No way. These days babes are way more expensive," Kurahashi replied flippantly.

"You sure know a lot about this, Kurahashi," Sugino said, stretching. "Are you into bugs?"

"Yep!" Kurahashi looked over her shoulder. "Along with every other living thing!" Her smile brightened with excitement. "Hey, since we're all here..." She turned back to the rest of them. "Let's all go bug hunting!" She announced, skipping. "We're bound to find tons if we all try!"