ARC II-ACT VII

Today had been... a long day. From hectic autographs to ruined panels, now you were forced to come to terms that the people standing in front of you were none other than characters of your fictional manga book - and it seemed as if five were already cross with you, two of which were just mean by nature.

"So we're just looking for Muichiro and Tanjiro's little friends?" Rengoku crossed his arms as he looked around.

Uzui stood beside him, reaching his arms up to rest them on his head. "Pity, I would have preferred having come into this mess with my wives." He opened his eyes and turned to you a little. "Hey if you got anything to do with this, could you bring them?"

You furrowed your brows. "I don't have anything to do with this." To which he shrugged and looked away.

Tanjiro spoke up next, finally finding time to butt in. "I know where Zenitsu and Inosuke are, Nezuko and I can go get them and meet you all here." He offered, to which Shinobu cupped her chin, turning to Himejima who had long been struggling to stop crying at the severity of the situation.

"But is it smart to split up again? That's literally the reason we're in this mess now."

"But it's the fastest way to find them." Tomioka rebutted.

Sanemi growled and rolled his eyes, not once wanting to admit he agreed with the water pillar. "I think I saw Muichiro before we got dragged away sitting somewhere. I tried telling those assholes that I needed to get to him but they wouldn't let me go."

"So it's settled then?" Mitsuri tilted her head, sharing curious glances between the members before her.

Rengoku nodded. "Sanemi go find Muichiro, Tanjiro and Nezuko go find yellow boy and boar boy."

They nodded and never wasted a single second to run off in different directions. Leaving you and the others to sit patiently and wait.

It would have been an awkward waiting slot if it wasn't for Mitsuri, who upon seeing the opportunity, jumped to life with her target of enthusiasm being you. "So you are the author!" She gasped, running up to cup your two hands between hers. "I had run up to you but some angry lady dragged you away from me, do you remember?"

You nodded hesitantly, chuckling awkwardly as Uzui and Himejima too made their ways towards you. "That's me..."

A loud dramatic gasp sounded from Mitsuri, catching everyone by surprise as all eyes turned to her. "Since you wrote our history book, that means you must know how the battle between the corpse and Muzan ends, right?!"

That caught everyone's attention, even Rengoku's who inevitably had found out the truth but still had a hard time believing such a statement. Expectantly, they waited for you to reply.

"Uhm... yeah, I guess I do?"

Obanai narrowed his eyes at you. "You guess?"

"It's a tiny bit complicated..." looking past Mitsuri, you were thankful to have spotted Tanjiro with none other than Nezuko, Zenitsu and Inosuke trailing behind him. Pointing them out to everyone, they concluded that perhaps this was better discussed at a later time, in a more private setting.

"I found them!" Tanjiro cheered, waving a hand at the group as Zenitsu whined about thinking he was going to die and Inosuke grumbling about how a stand didn't give him free food.

Zenitsu ran up towards Rengoku the second he saw him, pointing an accusing finger at Inosuke. "You know, he almost got us kicked out of this place because he wouldn't stop yelling at some cook to give him free food!"