7. touch

POV: NICK NELSON

————
@irisevans

————@irisevans

@irisevans wow we are so cute

————

@christianiscool

@christianiscool funky fresh

————

Jealousy is not the word I would you to describe the emotion I feel when I see Iris and Chris. Anger is. Im angry when I see them because I know he is not good to her. Yes we are only in year 11 but I know that's not how someone should be treated in a relationship. He's always pushing her boundaries and making comments about other girls in front of her. Why would he talk about other girls while he has the perfect girl in front of him.

"Put your phone away, you are in class, Nelson." I see my teacher staring at me from the corner of my eye and I put my phone into my pocket.

"Yeah, Nelson, off your phone." Ben mocks. I apologized to Ben since we hang out with the same people and I do not like making things awkward. Connor and Ben are friends again. Honestly, Connor is getting supper unpredictable. I tried to get my friend, Vernon, to introduce herself assuming they would be good friends. They talk but Connor seems stuck to Ben.

"Are you you excited for your date with Imogen?" Chris punched my arm and I shot him a weird look.

"That's not happening anymore." I go back to doing my school work. I cancelled on Imogen cause' it just didn't feel right whenever she tried to flirt with me so I straight up told her I am not interested. I've been rejecting her for weeks but her and my friends can not take a hint, and i'm honestly sure she'll try to ask me out again and i'll feel obligated to say yes.

"C'mon mate, she's really into you." Christian was the worst of all. He's always begging me to go out with her because she  is apparently the fittest person in our year but I beg to differ. "Stop being a pussy."

"Why don't you ask her out Chris?" I joked. "I mean if she's the fittest person around why are you dating Iris and not her."

"Nick, don't be like this." Ben stopped me from saying anything else.

"Maybe I will." Chris said as the bell finally rang. Is this bitch on drugs? He would break up with the Iris Evans for Imogen? He must be stupid.

I've never thought of Iris as more than a friend until we reconnected. Well, really, until this moment. I know she would never have the same feeling. She would never notice things about me like I notice things about her. She twists her rings whenever shes talking about something she really likes, she clenches her jaw anytime someone mentions her mom, whenever she walks by flowers she slows down a bit to look at them a little longer, she never makes eye contact while talking because it makes her too nervous, her eyes light up anytime someone mentions Taylor Swift even tho she doesn't end up saying anything, and she picks at her nails when people compliment her. She puts herself out there as independent and emotionless when's shes really the sweetest most caring person I know. She hates socializing but she will rush to defend people, whether she knows them or not.

POV: CHRISTIAN MCBRIDE

Don't get me wrong, Iris is beautiful, but there are just so many 10s out there and I cant control my feelings. Ive never physically cheated on Iris, and I never will. Im open with her about finding other females attractive and if she wants to be jealous that's her fault. She is a nun. I thought being with her would be fun but she doesn't even let me hug her in public and she doesn't hang out with me and my friends. She calls it boundaries but maybe shes just insecure. I literally have to force her to post photos of us because she never posts on her insta.

"Hey Christian!" Will stops me as I walk out of the school to meet with Iris so I can go to her house.

"What's up man."

"Might want to check out this photo of your woman all over Nick Nelson in public." Will stuck his phone in my face. And his statement was correct. It's a photo of my girl with Nelson. She won't touch me at school but she let Nick bear hug her at a park.

"Send that to me, now." I'm gonna show this bitch.

"Already did." Will winks.

I rush to the front of the schools to wait for Iris. How could she do this to me. How could she cheat on me.

"Hey, Christian, you ready?" Iris walks up to me with a smile. That fake smile.

"'I'm not going with you anymore, whore." I give her a disgusted look.

"What? Is this a joke?" She sort of stutters. What a cunt. At this point people around us are watching and listening. People deserve to know what she did.

"Think you can go around cheating on me without me noticing? I am not fucking dumb." I yell loud enough for everyone to hear. "Why would someone like you cheat on me? You were nothing before we met. You still are nothing. I'm sure if I asked anyone around here if they knew your name, they wouldn't. And you have the audacity to cheat on me."

"What are you talking about?"

"Stop playing dumb." I stuck my finger at her face. "I seen the photo of you and Nelson."

"What photo?" Why is she acting confused?

"You guys hugging."

"Are you fucking insane Christian? He's a friend, I can hug whoever the fuck I want. You must be stupid because that is not cheating! Wanna talk about cheating? How about you texting a dozen girls and bragging about it in front of me. You are the lowest kind of boy and I can't believe I put up with this for a whole month. I am way too good to you Christian." Her voice started to break near the end because she started crying. I don't feel bad, she deserves it. Before I could defend myself she starts to walk away.

"Yeah run away from your problems, cheater!" I yell after her. Instead of her getting the dirty looks, I was. I did nothing wrong. "Don't look at me, look at her!"

"Fucking dick." Someone in the crowd of people said as everyone continued to go home for the weekend.

POV: IRIS EVANS

I called Nick, he's the only person who listens.

"Iris, your friends are worried about you, you never talk to them." Nick walks into my room without a hello. He stopped when he seen the state I am in. "Woah."