1-Wildfire

Top Gun. How the hell did I get here, was all Amber could think as she stared at the building in front of her. Her backseater Jake 'Rumble' Allen was standing to her left in just as much disbelief as her.

"Is this real?" She asked. "I think so." He responded. "We'll, we can't stand here all day. Let's go." He started walking dragging his suitcase behind him. Both of them were on a ship only 24 hours ago, and everything they brought was packed into a suitcase and small duffel bag. 

She entered the building following Jake as he lead the way. After they had been assigned rooms, they set off to find them. They were located a few buildings over. Amber and Jake made plans to meet up in his room in an hour, and them make their way to the first meeting.

There were only a few rooms in the girls dormitory and Amber had a room all to herself. Considering there was so few female aviators in the Navy, she could also assume she would be the only girl in her class. She was familiar with the lack of women in the military by now, it wasn't always socially acceptable for females to join.

Her room consisted of two beds and two desks. She guessed she would have the room to herself and piled her things onto her bed. She hung her suits and clothes in the small closet and left her other things in her suitcase, considering there was no dresser. She put her khaki uniform on before checking the room one more time to make sure it would pass inspection. 

Amber exited her room and headed towards the boys dorms, where Jakes room was. She recalled his mmm telling her his room number was 14, she walked down the hallway searching for the number. When she found it she knocked before she heard a 'come in' from Jake.

He was sitting on his bed tying his shoes. "Hey, you about ready to go?" She asked. "Yeah, just give me a minute, I lost track of time talking." "No big deal, we got time. You meet your roommate yet?" Amber pointed to the bed across from Jakes. "Mmhm, his name's Bryan, he's supposed to only be here for a few weeks though.

"That's cool, I don't think I got a roommate, who knows maybe one will show up later." She shrugs. Jake had finished tying his shoes and they were walking back down the hallway. The meeting was back in the main hangar, only a couple minutes walk.

"We still meeting your brother afterwards?" "Yeah, I think he's giving us an hour to change and then we're meeting at the O." Amber responded to his question. The O was a bar the Navy pilots would party at. Coincidentally, it resisted on the beach the pilots also partied at. It was safe to say the whole top gun class would be there and more. 

A few minutes after they interred the main hangar, they were sitting in a room with 18 other pilots. Amber and Jake were sitting beside each other looking around the room, scouting the others. It was now confirmed that Amber was the only female in the class, not that it was a huge surprise to them. 

Suddenly someone entered the room and introduced themselves as Jasper and was to be one of their instructors. He took a look around the room before diving into his speech. Soon he introduced a man named Viper, who was their commanding officer. Viper had been the very first to win the Top Gun trophy and was said to be a living legend.

He talked about our daily tasks, two combat mission a day and classes in between. They were to learn how to fly better than anyone else. It was when he started talking about who the best was, when he really grabbed Ambers attention. "First place gets pilots and RIOs name on the wall, and wins the trophy. He said a few more things before they were dismissed.

Amber was stuck on what he said about winning, she wanted that trophy more than she wanted water on a hot dry day. Amber and Jake made their way to scan over the names on the wall. She found the class her brother graduated from and saw Iceman-Slider. She had heard the name before but had never met the man.