tyler - hate your guts pt.2

🦋 — gn!reader
🥏 — tyler seems to feel something other than hate for his longtime rival, y/n

☁︎ - ☁︎ - ☁︎ - ☁︎ - ☁︎ - ☁︎ - ☁︎ - ☁︎ -

"hey, i'm tyler. it's nice to meet you too."

you took a moment to look at tyler's and your clasped hands, feeling somewhat giddy that his hand was in yours. the sugary sweet grin still on your face, you release his hand.

"so tell me about yourself tyler." you mused, resting your head on your hand.

he looked reluctant, still not knowing whether to continue playing along or to decline, "u-uh, what do you wanna know about?"

"anything you wanna tell me!"

his face was still flushed red and he was trying so hard to keep his grin on his face. as he tried to think of things to tell you, you took that chance to admire his flustered expression.

'cute..' you thought. okay, so maybe you did like tyler but you wouldn't tell him that. despite you feelings for him, you've always put being his rival first. believe it or not, you actually enjoy your little banters with him, you like how despite him saying he hates you; he still makes time to approach you. well, he uses that time to mock and annoy you but that doesn't make you like him any less.

"well?" tyler hadn't said anything yet, he was still searching his brain for possible things to share.

"sorry, i just don't have a lot to tell.." he apologized, rubbing his neck and grinning at you sheepishly. 

"oh, well thats okay!" you chirped, "i can go first if you'd like?" 

tyler nodded though in his mind he was questioning the acting aspect of this entire thing. the more you two talked, the more authentic everything became. it's like you two had never met, have never been rivals. no hate, no tension, just the two of you.

"okay uhh, well my favorite color is (color), i like to (insert hobby) and i personally think that (sport) is the best sport of all time."

tyler raised his brow at your last statement, "come on, you think (sport) is the best?"

"i do, you got a problem with that?"

raising his hands up in defense, tyler countered, "no, it's just that everyone knows that basketball is the superior sport." 

you scoffed, "really? if that's the case, mind telling me why basketball is the best sport?"

"well, a.) aaron z from 4*town plays basketball , b.) it's literally so cool, c.) aaron z plays basketball."

you stifled a laugh, "look tye, i get that you wear that headband as a tribute to aaron z and all but if i've learned anything from watching you play basketball in elementary school, it would be that it is definitely not the superior sport."

"oh really? what abou-" tyler cut himself off, "you used to watch me play basketball?"

your cheeks burned a bright red and you averted your eyes. tyler smirked at your expression and leaned closer to you.

"y/n, you used to watch me play basketball?" he asked again, his smirk growing larger by the second.

"okay yeah! i did but that doesn't mean anything, i only watched you play because i was bored out of my mind!"

"toootally..."

"jUST TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF  SO WE CAN GET THIS OVER WITH!" you uttered frantically, closing your eyes shut in embarrassment.

"okay, okay," tyler said, his smirk melting into a soft smile, "let's see...uh, my favorite colors are blue and orange, i like 4*town and my favorite member is aaron z and...i used to watch all of your official (sport) tournaments."

opening your eyes, you gaped at tyler in awe. he noticed your change in expression and flushed light pink, sending you a nervous grin.

"you did? you watched my tournaments?" you asked, your voice coming out breathy in shock.

he nodded, "heh..yeah, i rooted for you too! you would not believe how many times i've lost my voice cheering for you."

"so that's why you wouldn't talk to me at all after my tournaments!" you snickered, "you just cheered for me too much!"

"yeah and let me tell you, if i ever learned anything from watching you play, it would be that maybe, just maybe, (sport) is a good sport...just not as good as basketball though."

bursting into a fit of giggles, you punched tyler's shoulder lightly, "oh my god, i hate your guts man!"

tyler took a moment to admire your smile. you looked so pretty.

"i hate yours, too."

~BONUS~

"so, how'd art with y/n go?"

mei asked making tyler choke on his lunch. her teasing smile scaring him a bit.

"w-what are you talking about?" he replied, wondering how she knew that he had art class with you. mei smirked.

"y'know, your first period art class with y/n. how'd it go?"

"how did you even know that?"

staring at her incredulously,  tyler tried to figure out where mei got ger information. did she steal a glimpse of his schedule? was she spying on him-

"dude," miriam said, "we were all in your art class."

"WHAT!?" tyler screamed, "NO, YOU WEREN'T!"

"we literally were." priya deadpanned, flipping open her phone and showing tyler a picture of him and y/n in art class, smiling at each other.

he exlpoded into a blush, embarrassed that his friends  saw him being all soft with y/n.

it was silent for awhile before mei broke it.

"...how did you not notice us in the classroom?"

☁︎ - ☁︎ - ☁︎ - ☁︎ - ☁︎ - ☁︎ - ☁︎ - ☁︎ -
lol, i think i didn't write fully what was requested but i still think its cute. lemme know what you think!