ii. it's an iou

         002                    it's an iou

     "No, Kat," Bea narrowed her eyes at her sister

"No, Kat," Bea narrowed her eyes at her sister. "You're not going to the bonfire!"

     "You're going, you hypocrite!"

     "Yeah, Katherine. Of course I'm going. You? In your dreams. I'm sixteen years old, you're fourteen. Mom would soooo murder me," she sighed, creating a selection of dresses which she had laid gently on her bed. "Now, the least you could do after all of this pointless banter is help me select an outfit. Which one, Kat?"

     Kat rolled her eyes, but still stepped forward to take a closer look at the dresses that Bea had chosen. The first one was banana yellow, decorated with a bunch of tiny roses. It laced in the top center with little pieces of string forming a floppy bow. The second option was a deeper, sunny yellow. It was extremely low cut and flowed freely at the bottom; complimented with little white flowers embroidered into the skirt portion. Kat didn't bother to carefully scan the other two dresses to the right.

    "This one," she pointed to the second. "For sure."

     "That's what I thought too," Bea smiled warmly. She paused for a moment, wandering freely in thought. "Do you think Mama will approve?"

     Kat shrugged. "I don't think she's gonna mind. Don't change into it until after dinner, just to be safe. She might not be the biggest fan of how low cut that is."