Chapter 2

"Come in". A cold and indifferent affirmation sounded from inside and Aunt Wang entered the study room with refreshments. Everyone feared to offend the young Field Marshal and she was no exception though she watched him grow from a toddler to a capable man. Looking at the Master's temperament she knew why Madam Yan was reluctant to settle at Beijing and emigrated to America. The Young Master really resembled the late Marshal Yan Wufeng. After the refreshments were settled on the table Aunt Wang took her leave.

Yan Wujun was sorting out the current military issues when Madam Yan contacted him.
"Does those Government Officials blame you?". A voice came from the other end of the call. She sounded gentle and calm as if she has long expected of this moment.
Yan Wujun slightly frowned sipping on his coffee, "They wouldn't dare and i wouldn't be bothered".

"If you remain stubborn to this extent, how will you please your wife. He might even run away". Madam Yan heavily sighed and was quite helpless about her stupid son who had no impression of love and warmth. "Xiaohan's family safely landed here. Their son is young and ignorant of this world full of wilderness. You must take good care of him. He is amiable".

Yan Wujun remained silent. He devised his own principle, took victory over wars and maintained solitude without fear, regret and anything to lose. But now many things have altered and a person will be bounded to him, adhering them for life and death. For an instant, an infallible and eminent person like him felt the lack of something he couldn't name. Only after several minutes did he respond,"I know". He wasn't aware if this answer was to take care or an agreement on Kaihan's amiableness.

The two conversed about some daily things and later Yan Wujun headed to the military headquarter. All the military officers in the head quarter saluted as the Field Marshal walked in and each began to make report of their investigations.

"During the war with Garad, many Garadese have fleed to Bhutan to take refuge. Those refugees still made no sign to be suspicious of. And the capital of Bhutan had a firm decision to have their emigrants returned to their nation if they wanted to. They are ready for any demand". General Lu seriously reported his behalf.

"Then will the emigrants be returning to their homeland?Who wouldn't love to hear such a fortune not to mention they were severely restricted several years ago when the war with Garad began". Lieutenant General Fu Mengshen said implying the cancellation of marriage ordered from the government.

Right then a chilling sensation came from where their silent War Lord was taking seat. Rest of the officers were ignorant but Fu Mengshen was sure that anything related to their future Marshal Madam really made his comrade sensitive. While the others' shed sweat, he gave a secret smirk.

"It's good if they still remain innocent and uncommitted in the matter of bygones. But we can't ensure any uncertainties. If the emigrants return to Bhutan, Garad might target them". Yan Wujun commenced quite impatiently and the others' nodded in agreement. Fu Mengshen made an "O" shape with his mouth hardly holding to laugh at his friend.

"Yes, we can't risk a peaceful nation of Buddhism in the hand of Garad. So Field Marshal, does it mean there will be possibility of war?". General Lu was concerned for the Chinese citizens. For victory, the cost is the lives of innocent people hoping for harmony and prosperity.

Yan Wujun answered solemnly. "The consequences of the previous war is the radiation deforming the well progression of their generation, worst than that of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. With downfall in economy and manpower they wouldn't be that foolish to provoke us".

In The School

Everyone was preparing for their examination
which was just few months away. For Mo Kaihan and his two friends Zhou Jianyu and Lan Xiaobo, it was their last semester. When Kaihan went to school today, most of the students were eyeing him with sympathy and pity. Since the immigrants were ordered for marriage it was now basically known to all.

"Hanhan, morning". Zhou Jianyu greeted beaming along with Lan Xiaobo beside him. Kihan waved in a gesture of response to his comrades. "Hey Hanhan.....". Xiaobo was quite hesitant to ask about the marriage order as he was aware of his friend's secret crush. It was confided to just the two of them. "You see.....".

"I'm aware that its impossible for me and Licheng. I wouldn't grieve over it. I've moved on long ago". Kaihan's smile was dazzling as if this was his long awaited happiness and the two comrades were startled due an unexpected reaction. But they instantly became happy for their friend failing to see the agony in Kaihan's glamoring eyes.

Zhou Jianyu immediately gave him a happy hug. "Mind sharing the name of your marriage partner?". Their expression showed a lot of optimism and he somehow felt helpless about it. Though the Field Marshal was rarely photographed, he was like a rampant air surpassing every encounter. Kaihan couldn't deny the man's domineering aura and handsomeness but there still was no love.

"Yan Wujun, the War Lord". Kaihan notified as if muttering to himself. Curiosity finds every way to the source of attraction and the two friends heard it.

"WHAT?". Xiaobo exclaimed in bewilderment while the whole classmates eccentrically looked at their direction. Ignoring the strange gazes he asked again to make sure that he didn't hear wrong. "The War Lord? You mean the ruthless Field Marshal? The one who is said to be disdain of love?". His voice was so small that it really sounded amusing. He looked like a thief scheming for the next mission. Kaihan simply just nodded.

"No no. I can't let you marry him. Though his military merits are known and honoured, he's still a man who is cold enough to freeze you". Xiaobo denied and made a lot of objections subconsciously pulling Kaihan to his side.

"Then i can only pay condolences in advance". Zhiu Jianyu said leaving Xiaobo's side and continued. "Rumours are not necessarily true Hanhan. everyone make their own perspectives and you'll have yours too when you know the honourable Field Marshal well. People love slandering than acknowledging. Our heart never remains vacant Hanhan and the future is always for the better".

Kaihan nodded in awe while Xiaobo complaint about Zhou Jianyu being a bad friend for their Hanbao. He ignored their childish argument. Soon the teacher started giving lesson and Kaihan was quite lost in his own thought. Zhou Jianyu was right. Rumours and gossips are the fantasy of human. For a mere attention and popularity, people horribly stains one's merit, honour and image not to mention that the Field Marshal was like a second to the Monarch.

Though he didn't care much, Zhou Jianyu's words kept ringing in his mind. Since he couldn't escape the marriage he could only think of avoiding unnecessary contacts with the War Lord during their marriage cohibition.

Thank you🙂
Leave a comment and vote if you like and hope to read more chapters 🙂💟