Chapter Four - Don't kiss me, I dare you.

After having emptied the integrality of her four large closets and all of her brother's wardrobe who was out of town, Hélène laid down on her bed, still in pyjamas and clearly desperate.

On her side after having changed 8 times her jacket and 3 times the bandana in her hair, Nina made up her mind, she might as well go for the simplest. So she left her curly brown hair in a pixie cut without a beanie, applied a little mascara and blush on her cheeks and looked at herself in the mirror. She wore a white tank top, a suit jacket and high-waisted pants in the same blue as her docs, a snake ring and her typical thumb ring.

She made finger guns in the mirror and giggled alone before telling her impatient best friend that she was on her way.

Suddenly her heart began to race as she saw another text message pop up on her screen,

[I'm on my way, I'll be wearing a notable burgundy corset on top and black pants with heeled boots, text me if you don't see me right away! See you soon partner]

Nina laughed nervously out loud...If only Hélène knew what she thought of her. How would she ever fail to recognize or see her? It didn't matter if the whole place was filled with 10,000 people, because the center of the room, the one everyone would always gravitate towards, would be Hélène.

She breathed heavily and slapped her cheeks to build up courage before realizing that she didn't have any courage and now her cheeks just hurt. Kissing her cat on the head she put her favorite album in her headphones and Nina set off in the direction of Norah's house who was already dying of impatience to see her finally arrive.

-- --- ---

When Nina parked her bike and Norah jumped from behind her to the ground, she noticed happily the right music selection. Blasting through the speakers and already heard from pretty far from the house, Katy Perry's I kissed a girl made the both of them immediately bop their head and sing.

The mansion was simply gigantic and Nina had to restrain herself not to gasp too loud.

The two girls noticed that the place was already very, very crowded. In one corner some people were playing an intense game of bear-pong, in another they had turned the living room into a giant dance floor, but clearly the most impressive was the pool.

People were running, yelling and diving into the water, everywhere there were crazy water fights as the sun had only just set. The exterior was lit up with garlands, and lights of all colors were reflected in the bay window that seemed to rise to the sky.

Nina, a weird feeling in her chest, whispered to her best friend in the same state as her,

"Whose house is this again?"

But before she answered, they saw the Johanna in an incredible sequin dress rushing towards them, her boyfriend Alex like a little doggie under her arm,

"WELCOME, WELCOME TO MY HOUSE GIRLIES! I am so happy you came, actually Nina we never see you at parties so that's cool..."

The latter looked for excuses but Johanna went on,

"Anyways, you make yourself at home, the kitchen is over there and bathroom's over there, and most importantly, upstairs is off limits! That's it, cheers!"

And there you go, in an instant Johanna stormed back to the pool leaving a confused Nina and a starry-eyed Norah.

"Hey, Norah? You're still with me?"

This one collected herself immediately,

"Yes, of course! Come on, let's go drink!" exclaimed Norah, pulling her by the arm, but Nina stopped her short,