phase 2 chapter 5: the birth of magneto

Author note: hey everyone, it's been a while since I've updated this story. Been busy keeping my grades up in school and with extracurricular activities. But now I'm back and I will try to get chapters out as much as I can and finish the story.

Austria 1945

To whoever gets this this letter, this'll be my 7th year in this hellhole, all of the friends I made in this place are dead, they're better off dead instead of suffering. If you are to stumble upon this letter, make sure it gets back to my hometown.

Suddenly, max was interrupted by the guards yelling and pulling everyone out of their cells and shoving them into a line.

The Warden walked in with two guards behind him. He stopped and stood in front of max.

Warden: you know max, given that you are the only original member of this program, I'm surprised your spirit isn't gone.

Max: my spirit is far from gone.

Max then spits on the Warren's face. The Warden wipes it off and and punches Max, making him fall on the floor. He then signals the two guards to pick him up and bring him to the laboratory for more tests.

They sit him down in a chair and strap him to it. They then lower a helmet onto his head that is connected to a button programed to shock him.

Warden: we will ask a series of questions, I think you will know what happens if you answer wrong. First question, what is 2+2?

Max: 4

Warden:  who was the first president of the u.s.?

Max: George Washington

Warden: whats my middle name?

Max stared at the warden in silence as a sadistic grin appeared on his face.

The Warden held up the red button and held it down. 1,000 volts of electricity began shooting through max. Max screamed in pain. After a whole minute of suffering, the Warden let go of the button.

The warden: guards, get him out of my sight.

The guards untied a paralyzed Max and dragged him back to his cell for the day.

The next morning, the guards woke up Max and instead of dragging him, they merely guide him to an underground room he was unfamiliar with.

There the Warden was standing beside a cryogenic capsule

Max: whats all this for?

The warden: simple, it's been 7 years and you still haven't shown any signs of mutation, so until your body is ready, we will preserve it, you wake up when your mutation happens, who knows, I may not even be alive when it happens.

Max knew he had know choice, there was no escaping this situation. Max stepped inside the capsule, which was then closed by the guards. The Warden then activated the cryogenic freeze and Max was asleep within less than a second.

1972 

The Warden sat in the room in front of the cryogenic capsule. Suddenly he heard a Crack from the glass. The glass then shattered and max slowly walked out.

The Warden: your mutation has finally happened, how do you feel?

Max then looked up at the warden with a hateful look in his eyes. "Powerful"

Max then extended out his arm and used his newfound telepathy to snap the wardens neck. Max went on to destroy the whole facility, murdering every guard and prisonor.

The facility was now nothing but a pile of ash and rubble.

He then lifted every single scrap of metal in the wreckage and forged himself a helmet and armor.

Magneto was born.