Ch 2 - Stolen stationary & Near miss kisses

•--•

Still dazed and very confused I began making my way to my locker, as I approached I saw Sky and Chloe leaning against mine, frowns etched on their faces. 

"Charlie would you care to explain why you're not only late, and why you look shell shocked?" Chloe scowled playfully, her strawberry blonde curls bouncing over her shoulders as she shook her head at me. 

I will never understand how she can be so chirpy this early in the morning, we're in high school, no-one is meant to be that happy. 
She continued to bat her big green eyes at me, waiting for an explanation. However I had no way of logically explaining what had just happened, so I stayed silent waiting for my brain to string together some sensical words. 

Sky stepped forward and placed her hand on my shoulder,  amusement replaced with genuine worry, her thick brows furrowed deep over her dark brown eyes.

 "Earth to Charlie," She sang playfully whilst waving a hand in front of my face. 

"Colton Matthews just hugged me?" I finally managed to choke out 

"What? Huh? Charlie, do you have a concussion?" Sky asked in disbelief. 

"No I bumped into him, but he caught me... and then he kind of just held me. It was so weird." 

They both turned to each other obvious concern in their eyes. Not believing a single word that just left my mouth. 

"Colton Matthews," Chloe exclaimed, "As in tall, dark haired, blue eyed, sexy, football team Colton Matthews. As in the one you say 'Isn't all that' but is drop dead gorgeous and you know it Colton Matthews. As---"

"I think what Chloe is trying to say," Sky cut in knowing that Chloe could rant about him for hours "Is that, Colton isn't exactly the kind of guy that goes around hugging people. Especially you?"

I grimaced at her words, kind of hurt that my own friends couldn't fathom the idea of someone hot ever talking to me, let alone hugging me. 

"Okay I know I'm not exactly Cassandra level, but I'm not that bad ouch," I interjected slamming open my locker and yanking out my Calculus textbook before shoving it roughly in my bag. 

"No no no, I'm sorry that's not what I meant, I meant more, you're not exactly the biggest fan of the guy. You called him a chauvinistic sexist pig last week. Plus you hate hugs!" She apologised quickly, "You know I think you're hot as fuck, even with your messy hair" 

I couldn't help but laugh as she tried to work her magic and fluffed my hair in an attempt to make it look somewhat decent. Note to self, invest in a better hair care routine. 

"No I know, sorry, It's just been a very long morning," I explained, "Plus you're right he's a major grade A asshole, with a minor is duchebaggery. He may be hot but he is so far from my type it hurts. I think I'd rather stop drinking Oreo milkshakes for the rest of my life and lick the floor of the school gym before than ever hugged by that man ever again." I laughed, before turning to Sky and Chloe, who were now staring at me in complete shock and horror. 

"What?" I chucked nervously. 

"Hey princess," a deep and  familiar voice chimed in. My heart suddenly fell into my ass, I could practically hear the smirk in his voice. 

Fuck.

"Umm, I, I was just..." I pathetically tried to explain as I turned to look at him, praying that by some spectacular miracle, a sink hole would open up beneath me and swallow me whole any second. 

"Come on, you were on a roll what else do you have to say?" He asked, before leaning confidently against my locker, "I mean its a real pity you think I'm an asshole, but you called me hot so I must being doing something right"