03 Winner

*Unedited!*

Joey

The next morning I lie in bed and I think about skinny dipping with mystery guy. It's been so long since I've done something fun and spent time with someone other than Taylor. He made me feel so comfortable being around a stranger.

A few seconds later, Taylor comes rushing into my room with a nervous look. "What! What's wrong?", I ask in fear.

"They're about to announce the winners."

I gasp and join her in the living room. We both past around the couch. If we don't get these tickets we won't be able to go on vacation and I'll still be unhappy with my life.

Taylor grabs my forearms. "We need to relax, Joey. We're going to get the tickets."

I nod unsurely and sit next to her on the couch. We turn up the volume to the radio and wait for them to announce the tickets. I sit on the couch with my sweaty hands in my lap while Taylor shakes her legs with nerves.

"It's Crazily Radio and we're ready to announce our winner for the vacation in Florida! We only have 6 tickets and 120 completed the dares, so we're sorry to the people who didn't win. Anyways the winners are, Number 18, Number 23, Number 48, Number 50..."

Me and Taylor both glance at our phones. They haven't announced our numbers yet and there's only two spots left. Her number is 71 and mines 95. I begin to panic. I don't think either of us are going to get in.

"Lastly the final two numbers, numbers 63 and 95!"

I glance at my phone again. It doesn't hit me right away that my number got called but when it does, Taylor and I jump up from our seats and scream. When we hug, I realize that only my number was called and hers wasn't.

"Wait, but your number wasn't called."

She hugs me again. "So what. You'll have fun without me."

I pull her away from a hug. "Tay, there's no way I'm going without you."

She looks away and sighs. "Joey, you know I love you but you're a big girl. You don't need to go on this trip with me. It will do you good to finally do something by yourself and meet new people."

My face falls and my voice is weak. "Tay, how am I supposed to make friends when you won't be there to give me a push."

Taylor starts to tear up and brings me in the tightest hug I've ever experienced. With a shaky voice she says, "Joey it saddens me how low confidence you have. You'll make friends easily without me. You just need to try, they'll love you."

With that, I tighten the hug wanting to hold onto her forever. She's right, I can get out of my comfort zone and make connections with other people by myself. After our long hug, she helps me pack my stuff since I'll be leaving in a few days.

When we pack, I tell her all about my dare and meeting the mystery guy at the bar. She stops halfway threw the story because for once I had something interesting happen to me and she's fascinated.

"So did you get his number?", she asks when I finish my story.

"First of all no, second of all I didn't even get his name, and third of all you stopped helping me pack."

She quickly folds a pair of shorts and returns to her seating position to ask me more questions. "Are you going to try and find him?"

I look at her crazy. "Fuck no, no man is worth wasting my time looking for."

She smirks at me. "But you've thought about it?"

I look at her and grin. Then I proceed to throw a pillow at her face. Which was a good move because she falls off the bed and yelps. I start to laugh and when I finish I expect her to insult me but instead she says from the floor, "How big was his ding dong?"