[Yes but No]

"You know better."
--Cale Henituse

️○○○

If there was something Rok Soo wanted to do right now, it was punch the young master in the face in front of him.

"How about you just be completely honest?"

Rok Soo is a patient person, in fact he enjoys the long waiting time, spending time thinking nothing of it is fun. However, dealing with pedantic people? It was like half the thing he wanted to avoid.

Cale hummed, looking unperturbed by the sarcasm in Rok Soo's tone.

"How should I start?" He looked thoughtful, leaning deep into his couch, his face playfully staring up at the ceiling, but a moment later snapped his fingers as if one of the wires in his head had finally connected. "You are here to save the world!"

***

Billos found the days in the Henituse region quite peaceful, no underworld could disrupt his business, as well as a very prosperous region with just and kind leaders.

Although ambition still burned within him on a single candle, all Billos could do for now was wait. The perfect time to conquer Flynn's merchant guild would definitely come. Under his skin, Billos only knew that day would come.

Perhaps the arrival of a stranger to his tea shop today was one of the opportunities he had been waiting for. No, actually that person wasn't that foreign. Even that person was more famous than the Count himself.

Some of the reasons why Billos had said the person was a foreigner might be because he meant a stranger was the person accompanying that person or, that person, Cale Henituse, was stranger than Billos remembered.

"Is that all you want?"

The foreign youth who introduced himself as Kim Rok Soo nodded, but Young Master Cale still seemed to have some requests as he pondered for a moment.

"Hey Pig, do you have any hair dye?"

"Pardon?"

"Don't you have one?" The furrows in his brows and the tone of his voice mocking displeasure.

Billos was quick to respond, not wanting to lose customers with money. "No! Not so Young Master, of course I have, just surprised."

"Then prepare that too." The Young Master told him what color he wanted and how much he needed to prepare.

Billos took notes and immediately came out after saying that he would prepare it in two days.

***

Abandoned by his owner, Rok Soo let out a grunt that he was holding back.

"Shit, I can't believe I did this."

His tone was horrified and frustrated, one that made Cale's mischievous side tingle to drain his emotions. However, the creak of the stairs interrupted them.

As expected it was Ron.

"Young Master, you'd better explain why you slipped away when your condition was still unstable."

Ron's friendly smile made Cale look away, accidentally seeing the shuddering Rok Soo. Well, Ron is scary at times.

"I didn't sneak, everyone saw me out with Rok Soo." Cale complained, but did not look at Ron, the furrows in his brows showing his annoyance. "I'm fine anyway."

At the time Cale didn't expect Ron to put his palm on his forehead, Ron wasn't in his sights so Cale's head snapped up in surprise.

"Fine, I admit your fever has gone down, but could you at least take me away? What if something bad happens?"

Cale's frown deepened, and in the corner, if only anyone had noticed, Rok Soo shifted his chair and backed away from the master-servant fight. He doesn't want to get involved, thanks.

However, of course, Cale was an asshole.

"What's the problem? I'm with Rok Soo anyway, right, Rok Soo?" He glared at Ron with an irritated frown on his forehead before turning his head towards Rok Soo sitting down.

Asshole. Rok Soo secretly swears.

"Yes, right." He had no intention of going any further, the view in the window was far more attractive in comparison.

Ron glanced at the expressionless teenager out of the corner of his eye, none of what Ron was looking for was in him so he turned to his young master again. "Young Master, that's no guarantee." Ron cut in sharply, saying 'that' in a tone that seemed to be referring to Rok Soo, the smile fading from his face the more the stern look took over.

Rok Soo was offended, he wasn't a thing to talk about, before he could even complain the slightest he wanted to, Cale had stood up from his seat all of a sudden.

The poor chair fell down with a loud bang.

"Since when do you care so much whether I go or not?!" Cale turned to Rok Soo, and this was the first time he saw Cale looking angry. "Rok Soo, let's go!"

"Young master." Ron called lowly.

Rok Soo jerked out of his seat, goosebumps finding their way up to the nape of the neck, he could feel the hairs there standing up.

"Just go and mind your own business, old man!" Cale didn't even turn around, busy grumbling on his way to stairs.

Rok Soo who didn't want to be near the old servant just followed Cale out of the tavern, he signaled to Billos that they would return later.

***

Cale was still angry as seen from the dark expression on his face, Rok Soo didn't dare to disturb him, even though it was more accurate to say that he didn't want to get involved. Whatever the bastard's problem is, it's none of his business, and here Rok Soo wonders what did he do to cause him to step on the dirt of trouble and be forced to chew it to survive?

It was still difficult for Rok Soo to believe the things the Young Master said and he didn't bother to put his trust in every words. However, he couldn't deny the facts Cale knew that he couldn't have known if he hadn't experienced them before.

Even though ability users exist and the world is filled with monsters, the concept of dimensional travel is still foreign to Rok Soo if he doesn't experience it firsthand. Even the regression sounds like something out of a fantasy world… well that's contradictory because Rok Soo actually exists in a goddamn fantasy world!

"Hey, you said you needed to do something. What was that?"

Ah, Rok Soo almost forgot his destination for the city.

"We need to buy some breads." He pointed to one of the bakeries that had recently updated its storefront with freshly baked bread.

Cale raised an eyebrow, confused. "You hungry? The estate chef can provide it."

A rather amusing statement, Rok Soo scoffed. "We need a lot, let's go."

Still confused, Cale just followed behind Rok Soo, gaping at how much bread he bought.

More confused as the black haired youth headed towards the slums.

"You want to... give charity?"

Rok Soo rolled his eyes. "Think of it so."

Cale's brows furrowed. "Crazy punks."

"I don't want to hear that from you, broken brat."

"Wow, if I'm a broken brat, are you a crazy baby?"

Mud water splashed on their shoes and the slums peeked through the hollow walls. However, no one dared to approach even though the sweet smell of the breads tickled their noses. The two youths looked somewhat sinister with the intense glares that were sent at each other.

Maybe that enmity would save them one day. Maybe.

...To Be Countinue...