Chapter 15 | Distancing.

MALIAS POV:

"What did you hear, Malia?" Kade sighs, pacing back and forth. I roll my eyes, slumping further into the uncomfortable chair they put me on. "Like I said a million times," I sigh, "I heard everything."

Adrian leans against the wall, looking all broody as he stares at me. Rhea was coming in a little since they forced me to get her to pick me up. And yes, she did curse at me in Spanish for it.

Kade stops, walking up to me before kneeling. "And you're not going to tell anyone, right?" He asks, his green eyes staring into mine."No, Kade." I say, causing him to tense up.

Soon enough, he backs away, his addicting aroma going with him. Seriously, I had no idea why this was such a big deal. I mean, I could care less about what he's doing on a daily basis.

Right?

A ding comes from my back pocket, making Adrian stand up before taking the phone out.

Kade glares at him for a second before staring intensely at my collarbone. Adrian reads the text message before walking toward the door.

"Why did you follow me here, Malia?" Kade whispers, his hand gently running up the back of my calf. "Because I wanted to know where you were going with gauze wrapped around your damn hands." I snap, pulling my leg from his gentle caress.

He tenses, stepping away from me before clenching his jaw. "Did you see anyone else following you here?" He asks, his back towards me. His shirt was so tight around him that you could see every strong muscle on his back. And his shoulders were so broad and packed with thick muscles, and he looked like a damn Greek God.

"No, nobody followed me here," I reply, admiring his shoulders. He tenses as if he could feel my eyes on him, flexing his shoulders more. He opens his mouth to talk but is interrupted as Rhea walks in.

She looks tired, with her thick hair all around her face and a red sundress on with a tote bag hanging on her shoulder.

She rushes towards me, her sparkly converse thumping on the floor. Adrian comes in after her, a heated look in his eyes as he glues his eyes onto her.

Rhea rushes toward me, bending down to hold my face in her hands. Causing her dress to lift up the slightest bit.

Adrian makes a quiet grunt, stepping up behind her before pulling down her dress.

"Malia, what the hell-" She gasps, straightening up before bumming into Adrian's muscular chest. She turns around, her eyes wide as she gapes at him.

Adrian is a very attractive man, with dirty blonde hair and dark rugged eyes that could kill. He slowly looks her up and down before flicking his eyes toward her lips.

She turns to me, "Who's that?" She tries to whisper, which doesn't turn out too well since she cannot whisper for her life. He grunts, stepping away from her before walking down the hallway again.

She scrunches her brows before turning to me, "What the hell were you thinking following Kade here? ¿Estás demente? ¡Podría haber ido a algún lugar muy peligroso, niña!¿Qué pasa si te lastimas?" She rambles on, turning my face to the side as she checks for any bruises.

Kade steps up, "You think I hurt her?" He asks, a look of shock crossing his face. She straightens before turning to him, "No, I'm just making sure she didn't hurt herself." She mutters back, crossing her arms over her chest.

Kade steps toward me, gently pulling me to him. He looks at me, a look of worry on his face before he masks it, "Please go home and get some sleep." He whispers to me, twirling a lock of hair in between his fingers.

The air feels hot now, with my chest burning on fire. I wish I could touch him too. God, I've wanted to for years. All I want to do is pull him in, envelop him in my warmth as I taste him again, and forget all that hurt he made me feel. But instead, I pull back, casting my eyes downward as I walk away from him.

_____________________________________

I think I almost had a fucking heart attack.

I groan, pushing the fly aways away from my face before leaning on my elbows. Merlia, Dallia, Kiaa, Shyla, and Rhea stand over me, their arms crossed as they give me a wicked glare.

I look at the clock, noting it's nine am, before turning back to them. "You guys couldn't have done this a little bit later; it's early as shit," I mutter, throwing my legs across the bed.

I slip into my fuzzy sandals, standing up to my full height as I stretch my arms. Merlia taps her foot, "So instead of waking us up to tell us, you decided to sneak out AND make us worry like hell?!" She exclaims, pacing back and forth.

Shyla steps toward me, squinting her eyes, "If I have a stress pimple because of this, you better run."

Shyla and her damn stress pimples.

Kiaa pulls at my arm, leading me into the living room before we all sit down.

"We want every damn detail," Dallia warns, leaning into the couch before grabbing a popcorn bowl.

I scrunch my brows, pointing to the bowl, "Where the hell did you even get that?" I ask her.

She shrugs, "Wanted to have popcorn while I listened to the drama."

_____________________________________

"Now this," I gesture to the pizza, "is fucking amazing." The waiter smiles warmly, refilling my water before walking away. The mother at the table next to me glares at me, covering her son's ears. "Sorry." I wince, slowly sipping water from my straw.

She curses under her breath before turning back in her seat. I slump in my seat, rubbing my belly soothingly as I look at the beautiful architecture around me. Instead of grumbling about Kade all day, I decided to go into town and explore.

Initially, I was going to go with all the girls, but they all had excuses. For one, Merlia was on her period and felt like shit, Kiaa had gone on a tourist tour, Dallia was busy with her multi-million business, and Rhea just slept all day.

So, I had just gone by myself and am having the time of my damn life. For one, the food in Portofino is just divine, and the architecture is the cherry on top.

I had rented a boat to get here, which was a fantastic ride since a few dolphins were following our boat. And since I'm always hungry, I first went to the closest restaurant and ate. And let me tell you, I have never had better pizza.

And since im in Portofino, I'm going to spend my money like crazy.

Let's hope my mom doesn't say anything when I pull up in an exaggerated fur coat.

_____________________________________