auditions (1)

kaycees pov

"are you sure you wanna do this kaycee?" Tahani asked, looking over at her best friend as she raised her pen to the paper posted to the bulletin board.

"I want to have at least one typical high school experience T." Kaycee replied, writing her name on the list. "and what could be more perfect than the school play! and its not like im going to get the lead or anything... I would be excited to even be a part of the chorus." she slipped her pen back into her backpack as the two girl turned to walk back down the hall.

"can you even sing?" tahani questioned, never having heard her friend even hum.

"I sing in the shower," she shrugged, "I guess we'll find out if i'm any good at the audition." they both laughed, making their way to their next class.

Tahani and Kaycee had been best friends since they were little kids, and had been inseparable ever since. They weren't the most popular girls in school, but weren't the least either. They tended to stick to themselves, typically not being involved in outside school activities. They didn't enjoy high school parties, they would much rather stay at home in their pyjamas eating ice cream. But it was their junior year, and Kaycee had decided she wanted to have a few normal high school experiences, the school musical being her top choice.

This year it was decided that Tangled was going to be the production, much to the excitement of Kaycee, rapunzel being one of her very favourite movies. As soon as the audition list was posted she forced tahani to go with her to sign up.

"maybe you'll be rapunzel, and finally find a prince." tahani joked, laughing with her friend.

"ya like that'll ever happen." kaycee scoffed, rolling her eyes.
~~~
sean's pov

"are you gonna sign up for the musical sean?" julian asked, as they sat down in the cafeteria for lunch.

"ya i think i will this year." sean replied. "i mean it would be pretty cool to be Flynn rider."

sean was a pretty popular guy, always the lead in the musical, girls falling over him all the time, a huge amount of friends. He had the reputation of player throughout the school, everyone knew his name and knew the rumours associated with it. But in reality, sean was just a regular guy, a hopeless romantic, who hadn't found the right girl, and wasn't sure he ever would.

"maybe you'll finally find your rapunzel." julian said to him, giving a small smirk. He was the only one of seans friends who knew the real sean, the one who was happier to stay in and cook dinner than go out and party all night.

"not likely." sean replied, a small look of sadness crossed his face, causing julian to place his hand on seans back, giving a small pat reassurance.

"you'll find her one day dude."
~~~

kaycees pov

It was audition day and kaycee was nervous. she had been practicing for weeks, but had yet to actually sing in front of anyone. She had chosen one of her new favourites, a little more by Alessia Cara, she always loved how much emotion Alessia put into her music and thought it would help her get into character better, showing off her acting as well. She paced backstage, butterflies in her stomach, her hair tied back into braids away from her face, as it always was. There were a few people there from her classes that she recognized, but none that she really talked to before. Kaycee overheard some of the girls near her talking about Sean lew, the school player, and how he for sure had the lead in the bag. She knew about Sean, or at least had heard about him, the constant rumours that circulated the school, a new girlfriend every few weeks only to dump them over text. Kaycee was never one to judge people before meeting them properly, but she couldn't deny the feeling of dislike she felt towards him. He stood in the corner, completely confident, chatting with his huge group of friends. Even with his horrible reputation, kaycee could admit that he wasn't terrible to look at, his messy dark hair and strong build.